Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NJ] Lightning aquire Blake Coleman for Nolan Foote and 2020 1st round pick (via VAN)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My guess on line combos

Stammer Point Kuch
Coleman Cirelli Killorn
Palat Stephens Johnson
Maroon Paquette Gourde

In all honesty who knows. I think what is clear tho is we are a stronger team when Killorn moves off of the awful Maroon line

Verhaeghe would be a better fit on that 3rd line than Stephens. Or Gourde, and then use Stephens on the 4th:

Palat-Johnson-Gourde
Maroon-Paquette-Stephens

Reactions: Zwui21

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Verhaeghe would be a better fit on that 3rd line than Stephens. Or Gourde, and then use Stephens on the 4th:

Palat-Johnson-Gourde
Maroon-Paquette-Stephens

The above line combos are fine. I personally am done with Johnson at center. What you proposed is great tho

Where you are wrong is on Verhaeghe. He is 100 % the 13th forward. It is not even debatable

Reactions: Zwui21

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The above line combos are fine. I personally am done with Johnson at center. What you proposed is great tho

Where you are wrong is on Verhaeghe. He is 100 % the 13th forward. It is not even debatable

Johnson as a C is >>> Stephens though, at least for a line with a touch of offense. Stephens hasn't shown much in the way of offense just yet. But Palat-Johnson, IMO, is the ideal 3rd line, if we can get them slotted that low. It's basically like having two second lines, and not a lot of teams are gonna be able to deal with that.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hopefully we get a sneak peak at the lines. Although apparently Point is having a maintenance day.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

so we can probably say:

Stamkos - Point - Kucherov
Palat - Cirelli - Killorn
Coleman - Johnson - Gourde
Maroon - Paquette - Stephens/Verhaeghe

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Apparently it's Gourde-Johnson-Coleman.

...Okay then.

At least they're fast.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
After what we've paid for him, I truly hope Cooper doesn't plan on playing Coleman 12 mins a night or I'll be pissed.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I love how our not even debatable 13th forward is tied for the most goals amongst our bottom 6 guys. Someone who has a 5v5 g/60 that's almost identical to Point and better than everyone else in the bottom 6. One of the best puck possession and shoots for players on the team. With Coleman we have a hitter so we should be resting Maroon and Paquette as well. I think Stephens, Verheaghe, Maroon and Paquette should be on a rotation unless one gets hot.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
but Edmonton made a real push. A couple of teams said they heard he was the guy the Oilers would give up a first-rounder for
If Coleman reads this^ he single-handedly wins us 3-4 playoff games just to say "thank you" :laugh:

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Johnson as a C is >>> Stephens though, at least for a line with a touch of offense. Stephens hasn't shown much in the way of offense just yet. But Palat-Johnson, IMO, is the ideal 3rd line, if we can get them slotted that low. It's basically like having two second lines, and not a lot of teams are gonna be able to deal with that.
I don’t agree. I think Stephens is great. I think the staff knows he’s great

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I love how our not even debatable 13th forward is tied for the most goals amongst our bottom 6 guys. Someone who has a 5v5 g/60 that's almost identical to Point and better than everyone else in the bottom 6. One of the best puck possession and shoots for players on the team. With Coleman we have a hitter so we should be resting Maroon and Paquette as well. I think Stephens, Verheaghe, Maroon and Paquette should be on a rotation unless one gets hot.

Maroon won’t be benched. He brings too much off the ice

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Why the hell would that matter on the ice though? If we're getting physical play from Coleman and Paquette we don't really need a third physical player in the bottom 6 every game. Against fast teams I would play just one of Paquette or Maroon.
This is correct. Verhaege has been better than everyone on the bottom lines. I agree sitting Maroon or Paquette or Stephens to recharge before the playoffs isn't a bad idea. We are going to need our bangers to be ready to bang for the playoffs.

Reactions: NatoGhost

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
I noticed Toronto got 50% retention on Clifford. I wonder if we tried to get New Jersey to retain 50% on Coleman. If not we should have... it wouldn't make or break the trade for me if I was Julien brisebois but I would think he could have got New Jersey to do that and that would have helped us next year too

Edit: I know 1.8 is already low for what he brings to the table but just like Clifford that's kind of beside the point. Another 900k next year would help

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If it doesn’t work then swap palat and Coleman and you get what you proposed. Which i think is better anyways

Yeah. I just don't like three north-south players together. Although with these three, there should be so much speed + tenacity, I get it.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
? You can outbid anybody. If you offer the equivalent of two firsts, you can usually make a deal.

I get what he's trying to say. There was competition for the player. We wanted him and we got him, which is good. But we had to offer a lot to get it done... Which is not so good.

I'll give Julien brisebois credit for being aggressive and getting the deal done, but this doesn't make him some amazing GM. He overpaid for a player in demand.

Personally I think because of the situation were in as a team, it was a worthwhile risk to take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad