Confirmed with Link: [TBL/LA] Lightning trade Bokondji Imama to LA for conditional 2018 7th rounder

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We're not gonna do that. Everything involving Yzerman is on a "need to know basis" we can hardly get straight story on if we're actually negotiating a deal with Tyler Johnson. Major lol's that we can't even get a deal reached with a 5th round prospect

More likely that TB didn't really feel him signing was all that important either way.

I mean, I could see a hypothetical situation where the agent overvalued a good overage year and was asking for too much. Then negotiating with LA, they got the same type of number, showing that the market he envisioned for his client wasn't there. If Imama didn't sign with LA, his rights would have expired, and TB could have potentially signed him and picked up a 7th round pick. If not, it's not too big of a loss, we basically break even with a 6th rounder.

I watch the ECHL and there are guys who tore up junior hockey in their overage year and are average to sucky their first year in double-A

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
True, but there is nothing on the farm in the form of any kind of protection for all the talent. With the jury still out on whether or not Witkowski is kept another season, the Lightning may have to reach out to a free agent again as insurance. But, with the way this year has gone in Syracuse, the need for one may be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, so is the way I enjoyed hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad