Confirmed with Link: [TBL/LA] Lightning trade Bokondji Imama to LA for conditional 2018 7th rounder

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Bowskondji Catmama traded...

What kind of a bamboozle is this, he was a top pick

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
The Lightning Fan in me was curious to watch the progression of Imama with the Crunch

The Cat Bowser fan in me says meoww roaaaar hissss, tim 2 play 3d mario

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just didn't have the room for him I guess.

How so? You got guys like Hart and Darcy in the ECHL you could trade for future considerations. Richard is going to Switzerland and possibly Vermin too. There's some UFA who won't be brought back and Ikonen as a RFA looks unlikely. I'm not saying Imama was needed but we've given contracts to worse prospects. To me it's more Groulx as he doesn't have much need for enforcers in his system.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
How so? You got guys like Hart and Darcy in the ECHL you could trade for future considerations. Richard is going to Switzerland and possibly Vermin too. There's some UFA who won't be brought back and Ikonen as a RFA looks unlikely. I'm not saying Imama was needed but we've given contracts to worse prospects. To me it's more Groulx as he doesn't have much need for enforcers in his system.

I liked this kid really dont get it who can fill us in on how many spots we got? werewolf? Doesnt make a lot of sense maybe stevie is doing his thing adding couple picks cause got something else going on but i liked boky so am sad

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I liked this kid really dont get it who can fill us in on how many spots we got? werewolf? Doesnt make a lot of sense maybe stevie is doing his thing adding couple picks cause got something else going on but i liked boky so am sad

It's hard to say depending on who comes back. Gourde should be in the NHL, Conacher/Dumont might look for a NHL gig same as Bournival, not sure what the plan is with Condra or if Vermin is going back to Europe as well.

Erne - Peca - Condra?
McGinn - Froese - Joseph
Yan - Cirelli - Stephens
Walcott - Darcy - Hart

Taormina - Blujus
Masin - Thomas
Spencer - Cernak

Tammela back to junior since he's been injured the past two years and hasn't played much the last two years.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think it's to make a spot for D. Raddysh.

We don't need another RD. Koekkoek will be gone, Walcott plays more forward so the only LD under contract next year is Masin. I haven't seen Raddysh, Cernak or Spencer play on the left. We need to get a young LD because Taormina is getting old and is only AHL quality while Hajek is another year away.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The LA Kings have acquired the rights to unsigned draft choice Bokondji "Boko" Imama (boh-khan-JEE, ih-MA-ma) from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for the Kings seventh-round selection in the 2018 NHL Draft, Kings Vice President and General Manager Rob Blake announced today.
The trade is conditioned on the Kings signing Imama to an NHL contract before Thursday's (June 1) 2 p.m. PT signing deadline.
https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/la-kings-acquire-rights-to-bokondji-imama-from-tampa-bay/c-289694868

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hope Boko makes it to the NHL one day. I think it's sure that he'll be a fan favorite no matter where he is.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
It is unfortunate that the organization has opted to trade Imama. He would have been exactly what Syracuse and Tampa Bay needed as a potential power forward but more importantly a deterrent who wont hurt the team on the ice. But hey, if SFY is comfortably with Conacher leading the team in PIMs and being the enforcer, so be it.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Python, rather interesting that Tampa and Imama could not come to terms after months yet he and the Kings reached a deal within hours. Will be interesting to see what the terms of the Kings deal are and IF Tampa opts to show what they offered.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Python, rather interesting that Tampa and Imama could not come to terms after months yet he and the Kings reached a deal within hours. Will be interesting to see what the terms of the Kings deal are and IF Tampa opts to show what they offered.

Per CapFriendly

3 yrs - $706,667 AAV - $40K (Signing) Bonus and $60K AHL Salary

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

We're not gonna do that. Everything involving Yzerman is on a "need to know basis" we can hardly get straight story on if we're actually negotiating a deal with Tyler Johnson. Major lol's that we can't even get a deal reached with a 5th round prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad