Confirmed with Link: [TBL/EDM/ANA] Lightning trade Ty Taylor, a 7th rd pick, and retain 25% of Henrique's contract for conditional 4th round pick from Edmonton

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
You forget our track record with 4th rounders?

Once more for those who are still confused: JBB spent $1.4 million of Vinik’s money and got a 4th round pick for the low low price of a 7th rounder and some goalie prospect you’ve never heard of and probably never will hear about again

Why the complaints? Is it just a gag reflex on this site?
Tampa also sent a 5th to Anaheim in the deal I believe. A 5th, 7th and a minor contract for a 4th isn't a bad deal, but the complaints are because in addition JBB ate 1.4 in cap space that could've been used to possibly add someone else. Of course the added 4th could be used in another trade, but on the surface it doesn't look to be that good of a use if cap by Tampa.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Tampa also sent a 5th to Anaheim in the deal I believe. A 5th, 7th and a minor contract for a 4th isn't a bad deal, but the complaints are because in addition JBB ate 1.4 in cap space that could've been used to possibly add someone else. Of course the added 4th could be used in another trade, but on the surface it doesn't look to be that good of a use if cap by Tampa.
Ty Taylor isn't even under contract. He's just on the reserve list forever.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i still have no idea what we sent. every place i look says a different thing

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Carolina did the same thing, I don't think JBB would interject himself in this trade for just a 4th unless that fourth is used for something. Just seems absolutely useless. UNLESS he has decided to stand pat this year, just ride it out, and is just maximizing the extra LTIR space by accumulating higher picks. Doubtful, but its another theory. Waste no dollar.
Still seems like more/less zero value on the retention. Traded two picks for one.

If we were that desperate for a 4th, the cupboard must be even dryer than I'm thinking.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Still seems like more/less zero value on the retention. Traded two picks for one.

If we were that desperate for a 4th, the cupboard must be even dryer than I'm thinking.
Different sites give different summaries, but the Lightning spent:

Ty Taylor (reserve list goalie)
and $1.5m in cap

for a 4th round pick.

Any 5th or 7th rounders were between Anaheim and Edmonton.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Different sites give different summaries, but the Lightning spent:

Ty Taylor (reserve list goalie)
and $1.5m in cap

for a 4th round pick.

Any 5th or 7th rounders were between Anaheim and Edmonton.
How dare you not allow people to have their outrages??? Coming here with your reasonable facts. You asshole.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Pretty fruitful way of using that extra cap space we have with Sergachev LTIR'd

If we have absolutely no desire to acquire anyone, I'd be happy with several more of these deals to be honest.

BTW....I'm a big fan of Ryan Johansen. We are in a unique position to give him a contract if Philly releases him....he'd be an excellent addition to our middle 6 IMO.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We traded a 7th and $1.5m for a 4th

THATS IT! Thats the deal. Sheesh
According to various sources on X we didn’t trade a pick. $1.5M in cap space and Ty Taylor for a 2025 4th round pick (becomes 2026 4th round pick if Edmonton wins the Cup).

Edit: Here’s the team statement:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If it's just a 7th and the retention for a 4th, it's more in line, and since a likely '26 4th is getting used in another trade anyway, it'll work out no doubt.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
According to various sources on X we didn’t trade a pick. $1.5M in cap space for a 2025 4th round pick.

Edit: Here’s the team statement:
CapFriendly has it right, and the Lightning have it right (hopefully).

Daily Faceoff still has it wrong.

PuckPedia has its own cap relief calculator, put together by a former Arizona Coyotes guy, and the price for $1.4m in cap relief equates to a 60th overall pick.

We maybe could have gotten a little more.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
According to CF, now it's just Taylor and the retention for the 4th in either '25 but likely '26. It's a much better deal for Tampa than earlier info indicated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad