Confirmed with Link: [TBL/EDM/ANA] Lightning trade Ty Taylor, a 7th rd pick, and retain 25% of Henrique's contract for conditional 4th round pick from Edmonton

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
This graphic helps make things more clear. we only gave up Ty Taylor not a 5th and 7th as well
nevermind we gave up the 7th and Taylor to Edmonton for the 4th

GIAyh3pW0AEwVmH.jpeg

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
So in the end, unless this pick helps seal the deal on another trade, Tampa basically ate almost 1.5 for nothing.
Yeah I don't see why we gave a 7th and 5th conditional unless the 4th moves up to a 3rd of Edmonton wins and then we give up the 5th and 7th pick.

Reactions: JTBF81

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So in the end, unless this pick helps seal the deal on another trade, Tampa basically ate almost 1.5 for nothing.
Carolina did the same thing, I don't think JBB would interject himself in this trade for just a 4th unless that fourth is used for something. Just seems absolutely useless. UNLESS he has decided to stand pat this year, just ride it out, and is just maximizing the extra LTIR space by accumulating higher picks. Doubtful, but its another theory. Waste no dollar.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Carolina did the same thing, I don't think JBB would interject himself in this trade for just a 4th unless that fourth is used for something. Just seems absolutely useless. UNLESS he has decided to stand pat this year, just ride it out, and is just maximizing the extra LTIR space by accumulating higher picks. Doubtful, but its another theory. Waste no dollar.
Getting a pick is fine, but sending a 5th, a 7th, and a body is worth that in itself. So unless the pick is being used in another trade, JBB just used 1.4x million in cap for very little gain imo.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I will gladly take on 1.4m for a 4th while only giving up a 7th and some unsigned goalie

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I don't think we send the 5th what becomes a 4th if EDM wins the cup. That makes nosense
David Pagnotta initially said it's ours. Frank Seravalli is saying it's Edmonton's. In the rush to be "first," inaccuracies are made.

But yeah, it makes more sense that it would be Edmonton's.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Getting a pick is fine, but sending a 5th, a 7th, and a body is worth that in itself. So unless the pick is being used in another trade, JBB just used 1.4x million in cap for very little gain imo.
I mean, this isn't a bad alternative. It could absolutely help close the gap in a retooling year and maybe we pick up somebody useful for a bottom six role that fits too. I'm not against taking this route and gaining some picks.

Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If JBB plans and rolling with what we have roster wise than I'm all for using the cap space to snag some picks.

Reactions: Outl4w

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I mean, this isn't a bad alternative. It could absolutely help close the gap in a retooling year and maybe we pick up somebody useful for a bottom six role that fits too. I'm not against taking this route and gaining some picks.
Sure, and I'm sure there are other moves coming, but based on the info available, Tampa gained very little, if anything out of this deal.

Reactions: Outl4w

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
You forget our track record with 4th rounders?

Once more for those who are still confused: JBB spent $1.4 million of Vinik’s money and got a 4th round pick for the low low price of a 7th rounder and some goalie prospect you’ve never heard of and probably never will hear about again

Why the complaints? Is it just a gag reflex on this site?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad