Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CHI] Lightning trade two 1st rd picks, Raddysh, and Katchouk for Brandon Hagel, and two 4th rd picks

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Come to think of it, who were Tony’s linemates during his breakout season? If I recall correctly he even got a couple Selke votes.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How's Hagel looked with you guys so far? I think his value as a Bunting-like player on the ice and contract will be a good medium term asset for cap juggling purposes for the next couple of years, but the sticker shock on that one still has me a little surprised.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
How's Hagel looked with you guys so far? I think his value as a Bunting-like player on the ice and contract will be a good medium term asset for cap juggling purposes for the next couple of years, but the sticker shock on that one still has me a little surprised.
I think he's been ok so far, he's kind of been all over the lineup though so still waiting to see where he's really gonna slot in. I feel like he's involved in a lot of puck battles, and I kind of thought he was going to be a little bit faster.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
He has been okay. Trying to find his spot in the lineup and learn the system. He has 1 goal in four games. A little disappointing so far but I won't judge him until after the season is over
He needs to time to adjust. Our offense from the big guns like Stamkos, kucherov, and point has slowed down some. That js more concerning to me. I think as their production and powerplay heats back up, he will do better.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
To tell the truth he is about invisible. He should have a spot in the lineup but has not been allowed to settle with one line yet. Bolts have not done him any favors taking so many penalties however. The last what 5 games or so 5 on 5 play has been so disrupted by specialty teams being on the ice so much it’s hard to get anything going.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Raddysh with a solid showing so far with his uptick in ice time with Chicago,

Sure hope Hagel can do the same next year when he (presumably) takes Palat’s spot int he lineup

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Hes a bit of a mess currently. The skill is there but he needs to engage more, I see way too much pulling up along the boards rather than digging in. He'll get eaten f***ing alive in the playoffs doing that, among other things.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
He's sill finding his way here. Give him time. Some guys adjust to change quicker than others. Also sometimes the bounces go your way and you get confidence and then have momentum (Paul). The opposite can also happen and you just need to be patient and work through it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I came in here to see how Hagel was doing and see he is still trying to find a fit/get his game going

Raddysh has looked solid for Hawks and looks like someone who will get bigger role/chance next year as part of rebuild here

Did Katchouk always look lost in own end and awful in offensive zone with you guys? The guy has been pretty dreadful for Hawks thus far

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
And Savard

Savard never showed anything that was worth his rental price. Can't argue with results, but the Cup is the only thing that saved that trade.

I won't be surprised if the only value Hagel brings comes next season. Takes a lot longer to get to know a guy on ice than most appreciate. The one place we lucked out in the "Covid Cup" thing (that none of the idiots who use that term actually understand) is the restart training camp where we got to incorporate Coleman and Goodrow.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I came in here to see how Hagel was doing and see he is still trying to find a fit/get his game going

Raddysh has looked solid for Hawks and looks like someone who will get bigger role/chance next year as part of rebuild here

Did Katchouk always look lost in own end and awful in offensive zone with you guys? The guy has been pretty dreadful for Hawks thus far
Katchouk looked good on the forecheck for us in the beginning but quickly faded. Not sure what happened but he hit a wall.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013

I liked Katchouk's game as a 3rd or 4th liner. Played heavy, could cycle, play pretty physical. Drove to the net. Raddysh had the better overall offensive game of course but I thought they both brought about the same overall to the team most of their time with us. The last year Raddysh got more playing time for sure though.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
And I'd much rather have Paul than Hagel who was a product of Kane and DeBrincat
Agreed
Post automatically merged:

When this transaction took place, I couldn't believe what Tampa had given for a marginal player. In Chicago, he played with Kane and was always on the ice and on the power play. This is no longer the case in Tampa and the team could have had so much better for 2 1 st round picks and Raddysh, and Katchouk. Are you satisfied with this trade?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Agreed

When this transaction took place, I couldn't believe what Tampa had given for a marginal player. In Chicago, he played with Kane and was always on the ice and on the power play. This is no longer the case in Tampa and the team could have had so much better for 2 1 st round picks and Raddysh, and Katchouk. Are you satisfied with this trade?
we didn't pay for the player, we payed for the contract i mean jesus f christopher someone just make a stickied note that we don't have cap space.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
we didn't pay for the player, we payed for the contract i mean jesus f christopher someone just make a stickied note that we don't have cap space.
Yeah but you need the player to show up and justify any contract. You can't ice the contract or say we didn't overpay when the guy does nothing. Personally, I get the steep price. I also remember Coleman having a similar start but at least off the puck he was solid. Forechecked like crazy and finished his hits. It's unfair to hold a young player to those expectations but the guy is a flatline of a performer so far.

"Finding his game" to any degree would be an improvement over what we are seeing. He had two moments last night to make a play and he panicked in both. He also leaves his feet a lot for an extra reach and goes sliding. Noticed it on several occasions. If you're barely more noticeable than ABB on any given night, it's not saying much, regardless of what you cost.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Yeah but you need the player to show up and justify any contract. You can't ice the contract or say we didn't overpay when the guy does nothing. Personally, I get the steep price. I also remember Coleman having a similar start but at least off the puck he was solid. Forechecked like crazy and finished his hits. It's unfair to hold a young player to those expectations but the guy is a flatline of a performer so far.

"Finding his game" to any degree would be an improvement over what we are seeing. He had two moments last night to make a play and he panicked in both. He also leaves his feet a lot for an extra reach and goes sliding. Noticed it on several occasions. If you're barely more noticeable than ABB on any given night, it's not saying much, regardless of what you cost.
cool. we now have the benefit of seeing him play. i was responding to someone who asked why we paid so highly for the trade, and the contract is why. if we would have had the room, we could have gotten a much more complete player for the cost, obviously.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Would count on Paul taking that spot more than Hagel
I wouldn't. Paul is a UFA. Hagel is signed

Savard never showed anything that was worth his rental price. Can't argue with results, but the Cup is the only thing that saved that trade.

I won't be surprised if the only value Hagel brings comes next season. Takes a lot longer to get to know a guy on ice than most appreciate. The one place we lucked out in the "Covid Cup" thing (that none of the idiots who use that term actually understand) is the restart training camp where we got to incorporate Coleman and Goodrow.
This is Bull Crap. Savard was great. He wasn't "Flashy" enough for you?

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I wouldn't. Paul is a UFA. Hagel is signed

This is Bull Crap. Savard was great. He wasn't "Flashy" enough for you?

Savard was a dud who was nowhere near worth his rental price. He went minus 8 in just 14 regular season games with us, and then saw his ice time drop 30% in the playoffs because we rightly gave up on trying to make him a thing.

He was better than Luke Schenn, who is the very definition of replacement-level defenseman, but not at all worth what we spent on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad