Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Anthony Cirelli signs extension (3 years, $4.8M AAV)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I don't think it's going to be that expensive. Around $3m. Everyone loves his defensive play but young guys get paid for points and he's a 20g - 30a guy right now coming off an ELC. That's $3m.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I don't think it's going to be that expensive. Around $3m. Everyone loves his defensive play but young guys get paid for points and he's a 20g - 30a guy right now coming off an ELC. That's $3m.

50 point player coming off ELC w/ selke votes worthy D is only gonna get $3m? Thats a bold take. I think he brings in no less than $5m

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

They just gave Cernak ~3M. Cirelli should get more. He got 39P two years ago and 44 points this year. Should get atleast 3.5-4.0M on a 1 or 2 year deal. They could ice a 20 player team if they bury Coburn and keep Cirelli ~3.5M. Of course that leaves no cap room and only kicks the can down the road.

Reactions: Morrison

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Why? If Kucherov is on offseason LTIR they do have the space
Depends on how much Cirelli wants. If he comes in near 3.5M, then they could possibly run a 20 player team. That doesn't leave any capspace for call-ups incase a player comes down with a minor injury/illness that doesn't require going on IR. It would also force them to skate the same players night in night out during a year where the schedule is very condensed which isn't ideal.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
In loving memory:

The HFBoards and CapFriendly Offer Sheeters (October 2019-December 2020)
The Tyler Johnson and Two Firsters (October 2020-December 2020)

It'll all come back next season. They're already sitting at the cap assuming it's still 81.5M with 14 players. There's just not enough coming off the books unless they can talk the Kraken into taking a big waste of space contract. Even if they do talk the Kraken into taking TJ/Killorn/etc they'll still likely need to make another move or two. All this does is buy them some time.

Reactions: TBF1972

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Cirelli will put them over the 10% offseason cap overage limit.
1.) Kucherov LTIR allows the team to exceed the 10% cap overage limit during the offseason.
2.) With the signings this morning, the team was already over the 10% offseason cap overage limit.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad