Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Alex Killorn (7 years $4.45M AAV)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I guess it's OK for a third line guy. I have to say he's rarely noticeable.

Not a tampa fan but, this sounds to me like you dont really watch them.

The amount seems like alot but when you look at the make up of Tampa he is a really good fit. How many power forwards out there do we know that can play with the skilled players like Tampa has effectively; especially the proven ability to raise his game in the playoffs.

You need someone with size to make room for all the skill.

People are saying that they are going to lose one of the skilled guys but I dont see it. Bishop will get traded or walk and his money will go to Palat and Johnson. Really the only player they might have a hard to signing is Drouin but if they can unload Filpulla there is Drouins money. As a sens fan it sucks realizing during the Karlsson era we probably wont ever get out of our division because of Tampa but you can see Stevie Y knows what he is doing.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
So what is it $8m left for Kucherov, nammy and nesterov?

Kucherov at $6m, and nammy at $2m would be a bargain. I can't see nesterov getting over $1.25 -$1.5 but the money just isn't there.

So twas I, I'd be trying to ship fillpula....but who wants him?

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

Kucherov at $6m, and nammy at $2m would be a bargain. I can't see nesterov getting over $1.25 -$1.5 but the money just isn't there.

Nesterov can be let go if necessary - he's been a disappointment and while in an ideal world we would give him more time to develop he's not worth losing Kuch or Vladdy over. I'm expecting something more along the lines of Kucherov at $6.5M and Namestnikov at $2.5M so a move will definitely have to be made. Filppula if possible, Bishop if Dallas will give up Honka, or Garrison if neither of the first two happen. Condra is another easy move for us but he won't be enough by himself to get the job done. And while I REALLY don't want to see this happen Boyle could be replaced if we were really desperate for cap space.

So we have options. Some more attractive than others, but ultimately certain players are priorities and others are not; no matter how painful it may be (and it's going to be painful, especially next summer) in the end we have to retain as much of our core as possible.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Nester over doesn't get over 1. He'll be our #7 behind Koekkoek. Pretty close to league minimum.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Not last year but the year before in the playoffs....I thought nesterov was one of the better Tampa d. Too bad they had a log jam last year. I like his skill level

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It's pointless to make comments about a player that you clearly don't even watch. He's the third best defenseman on a team that has been to the cup final and the ECF final in the last two years and he has been really solid for us. Garrison isn't going anywhere and he would be a top-4 defenseman on most teams in the league. If a defenseman has to go it will be Coburn.

I admittedly do not catch more than about 10 Lightning games a year. I am not an expert on Garrison but I am entitled to my own opinion based on what I have seen.

Forsberg is the comparable I'm looking at for Kucherov. I don't know what to think of Namestnikov at this point. Nesterov is really a non-issue.

Nesterov can be let go if necessary - he's been a disappointment and while in an ideal world we would give him more time to develop he's not worth losing Kuch or Vladdy over. I'm expecting something more along the lines of Kucherov at $6.5M and Namestnikov at $2.5M so a move will definitely have to be made. Filppula if possible, Bishop if Dallas will give up Honka, or Garrison if neither of the first two happen. Condra is another easy move for us but he won't be enough by himself to get the job done. And while I REALLY don't want to see this happen Boyle could be replaced if we were really desperate for cap space.

So we have options. Some more attractive than others, but ultimately certain players are priorities and others are not; no matter how painful it may be (and it's going to be painful, especially next summer) in the end we have to retain as much of our core as possible.

I agree, I expect him to be in the $6-$6.5 range. That doesn't leave much money to fit Namestnikov plus another roster player, Nesterov or other, under the cap. SY will need to work some magic.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Indeed, HF never learns. Because this argument is used in every bad contract thread and never makes sense. There's nothing to support the theory that the cap will jump that much in three years.

Okay then we'll say in five years. He'll be 31 then. I still don't see the problem. It's not a theory either. The cap tends to go up.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Killer isn't the type you give 7 years to, but this probably makes him less appealing to Vegas if he's exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad