Confirmed with Link: TB claims Martel from PHI

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Watch Tampa will put him at RW, something will click, Danick will end up shooting more and before we know it, he’ll be a 25-30 goal scorer in the NHL.

I hope so . He deserves a chance and I hope the best for him. This organization never gave him a chance and instead played crap like vdv etc..

Reactions: Rebels57

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Nhl speed beer league size. Theres talent there but i don't know that hes an nhl player. Tampa will find out

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Regardless of whether or not Martel pans out, the problem here is that the Flyers are certainly going to lose better players than Martel. They're going to have to sort through a lot of guys in the next few years, and they have to be better at it than this.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Regardless of whether or not Martel pans out, the problem here is that the Flyers are certainly going to lose better players than Martel. They're going to have to sort through a lot of guys in the next few years, and they have to be better at it than this.

This exactly. I think there is some merit to slow cooking the non first rate prospects. But if they become waiver eligible before you feel confident about the answer one way or the other you have a problem.

Reactions: Tripod

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Bright side, maybe Hextall feels LV needs a replacement vet to fill his spot and sends Weise down? :dunno:

Reactions: Sudden Debt

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Yup. See the Jets this year , most likely to lose Petan or Dano, and they are both better than Martel.

Reactions: wasup

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Don't think he will be a NHL player for long (if at all) but we will see. Good for him if he can take advantage of this opportunity. It certainly wasn't going to happen here with the forward depth they have.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
This is actually the kind of problems you want... good Player selections and a deep Organization... Rules set up to allow Players to not be hopelessly buried in deep systems, and Cap and Waiver Rules in place to prevent stockpiling... Having more decent Players than open Slots.

Would you rather have him than a couple Veterans we are stuck with?... Certainly... but much better than having him easily fitted in the Roster due to a lack of quality depth in the System.

What's left is fine with me... and we have another Contract Slot to work with.

Reactions: Audible Velvet

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
This is actually the kind of problems you want... good Player selections and a deep Organization... Rules set up to allow Players to not be hopelessly buried in deep systems, and Cap and Waiver Rules in place to prevent stockpiling... Having more decent Players than open Slots.

Would you rather have him than a couple Veterans we are stuck with?... Certainly... but much better than having him easily fitted in the Roster due to a lack of quality depth in the System.

What's left is fine with me... and we have another Contract Slot to work with.
Yep hurts phantoms that's all.

Reactions: Sawdalite

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I do think it's a problem when a team like Tampa, which had the best record in the conference and led the league in goals scored, can see the value in Martel. Meanwhile, we have Ghoul and Knight still in camp and useless vets like Weise and Lehtera.

Reactions: BillDineen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad