Waived: Taylor Pyatt - Claimed By Pitt 1/2

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Dead Wings era. Look it up.

I specifically say the word recently, you bring up the Dead Wings era as if I don't know what it is

Makes sense.

Detroit has made the playoffs the past 22 years. During that time they've won 4 cups. So there's more honorable (and obviously effective) ways to win than pulling a PIT. The funny thing too is that PIT is an outlier. EDM and NYI have tanked repeatedly as well and are still horrible. Yet another reason why tanking is pathetic; it's no guarantee for success

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Of course. When you're an original 6 team over almost 90 years you're bound to have terrible seasons. I'm talking about recently. Both DET and BOS have been good for a really long time and both had very nice runs last season. Neither has tanked ONCE let alone for 5 straight years since 2000

Boston had consecutive lottery picks pretty recently. Detroit has been riding three homerun mid round picks for the better part of a decade. They're the exception, not the rule. In fact, they're pretty much the only team who has won a cup "recently" that hasn't built a team around high draft picks.

The Pens built a team around their high picks. Chicago had multiple lottery picks over a similar time span. I assume you feel the exact same way about them, correct? No reason not to. Built a team around high draft picks. Carolina? Same thing.

You can talk **** about the way the Pens built their team, but we're a far bigger joke than they have ever been. Your opinion is based in snobbery, not fact.

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

I specifically say the word recently, you bring up the Dead Wings era as if I don't know what it is

Makes sense.

Detroit has made the playoffs the past 22 years. During that time they've won 4 cups. So there's more honorable (and obviously effective) ways to win than pulling a PIT. The funny thing too is that PIT is an outlier. EDM and NYI have tanked repeatedly as well and are still horrible. Yet another reason why tanking is pathetic; it's no guarantee for success

You yourself claimed that they never tanked "once". And your point is still ridiculous. Pittsburgh has a Cup. That nullifies any and all arguments right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad