Speculation: Taylor Hall

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Been seeing some ideas kicked around. Connolly + Gudas + 1st for Hall I think I would take in a heartbeat. Namestnikov + GUdas + 1 makes me hesitant.

Just about anything else I'll pass.

But

Drouin - Stamkos - Hall
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Killorn - Filppulla - Callahan
Brown - Morrow - Boyle

If they think Gudas has that kind of value I'd do either of those trades, can't see them thinking he'll be a massive upgrade for them.

BobbyTheChiefTaylor

Nov 26, 2014
Boy I'll tell ya what, this Taylor Hall kid is full of talent. Reminds me of old Danny Heatly. But I'll tell ya what, Rick, this team is absolutely loaded on left wings. We don't need to pay for cyclops surgery here to get this kid! The key of it here is that we need some guys that aren't afraid to shove people down at our net because boy, that's our biggest problem - you see here the defence gets split every time someone waltzes in! I'll tell ya what, unless Taylor Hall plays like Eric Lindros, I don't see us putting our chips on the gambling table.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Listening to Vancouver sports radio, these moron's believe that the reason we called up Vasilevskiy (I can't keep up with the name changes) is too showcase him to Edmonton as centrepiece for the Hall trade. :shakehead:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Boy I'll tell ya what, this Taylor Hall kid is full of talent. Reminds me of old Danny Heatly. But I'll tell ya what, Rick, this team is absolutely loaded on left wings. We don't need to pay for cyclops surgery here to get this kid! The key of it here is that we need some guys that aren't afraid to shove people down at our net because boy, that's our biggest problem - you see here the defence gets split every time someone waltzes in! I'll tell ya what, unless Taylor Hall plays like Eric Lindros, I don't see us putting our chips on the gambling table.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Listening to Vancouver sports radio, these moron's believe that the reason we called up Vasilevskiy (I can't keep up with the name changes) is too showcase him to Edmonton as centrepiece for the Hall trade. :shakehead:

Speaking of goaltenders going to Edmonton I saw that Darren Dreger was talking earlier today about how the oilers are probably kicking themselves for not upping their offer to get Bishop when the Senators were looking to trade him.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...lers-and-schneider-bishop-trade-possibilities
“Ben Bishop, when he was with the Ottawa Senators. The Senators were willing to deal Ben Bishop to the Edmonton Oilers. MacTavish would not come up a level on whatever the draft pick was to make that deal. I mean, those are the deals that haunt general managers because of the primary area of concern. And right now it remains goal.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Speaking of goaltenders going to Edmonton I saw that Darren Dreger was talking earlier today about how the oilers are probably kicking themselves for not upping their offer to get Bishop when the Senators were looking to trade him.

http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/wort...lers-and-schneider-bishop-trade-possibilities

yeah I heard that too. At the time Conacher looked great, his value was inflated, so I assume the prospect would have been Marincin or Klefbom plus 2/3 round pick.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
yeah I heard that too. At the time Conacher looked great, his value was inflated, so I assume the prospect would have been Marincin or Klefbom plus 2/3 round pick.

I thought it was a 2nd + David Jones. Don't think they wanted to move the 2nd and were hoping a 3rd would do it.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Our D has been good though this year. Top pair is legit, but were awful last night, Garrison - Sustr were our best pair and are a solid 2nd unit, improving the bottom pair would be nice but wouldn't call that making a big splash.

I still think it's a bigger area of "need" than at the wing, though. We have like 5 players capable of playing wing comfortably in the top 6, and Killorn who can fill in (or have a regular spot, if you're Coop).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hall doesn't really make a lot of sense for what Yzerman is building. Why would anyone sacrifice all this young, cheap depth with major upside just to acquire a big name who makes the team more top heavy, less deep and quite a bit more expensive?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why? Our left side is good right now and we have Koekkoek for the 2nd pair in a few years with Masin probably 3rd pair.

You're right, I was thinking Nurse was a righty. Although I think he'll pan out better than Masin, but I think Nurse will be a top-4 guy. But I'd like to see us add a defenseman, even down the line, who is both large and has a meanstreak. We tend to get one or the other.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You're right, I was thinking Nurse was a righty. Although I think he'll pan out better than Masin, but I think Nurse will be a top-4 guy. But I'd like to see us add a defenseman, even down the line, who is both large and has a meanstreak. We tend to get one or the other.

He should pan out better then Masin as he was a top 10 pick. Well we have Hedman and Sustr who are large while DeAngelo is an angry kid.

I really don't think we need to mess with the D at all. Only spot we are maybe weak is the bottom pair but if Carle is on his game we're fine. Sustr is steadily improving and has solidified the top 4. Koekkoek will take over for Carle in a year or two then he'll take over for Garrison with Masin then slotting in on the 3rd pair. DeAngelo is a couple years away from making the right side strong, Blujus has looked good and could be a solid bottom pair player. We have 4 D locked up long term that it makes no sense to bring in anybody with term, rather stick with what we got and let the kids develop.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Taylor Hall, from everything I've heard, is a cancer.

He's arrogant, refuses to play except his style, and basically an all around jackass. The guy's ego is through the roof.

#PASS

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Taylor Hall, from everything I've heard, is a cancer.

He's arrogant, refuses to play except his style, and basically an all around jackass. The guy's ego is through the roof.

#PASS

Pretty much, I hate bringing up personal stories on the mainboard because people just think you make stuff up. I went to school with Hall guy was pretty cool until he got drafted to the OHL, couple of his old friends made the trip to Ontario from Alberta to watch his game, he wouldn't even give them the time of day and ignored them when he saw them because he was with his cooler "buddies". So all that stuff about the split dressing room in Edmonton really doesn't surprise me.

When he was in town for Olympic camp last year, he wouldn't volunteerly sign jerseys unless you were a hot girl.

Last edited:

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
If we got Hall for quantity we then could afford to make another deal, like a one for one and get a quality defenseman.

we might be struggling right now getting that defender with just giving up quantity. So just get Hall and then do another deal. If you ask me who I'll leave that up to our gm.

If the guy is truly a cancer than of course we don't want him.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
If we got Hall for quantity we then could afford to make another deal, like a one for one and get a quality defenseman.

we might be struggling right now getting that defender with just giving up quantity. So just get Hall and then do another deal. If you ask me who I'll leave that up to our gm.

If the guy is truly a cancer than of course we don't want him.

Hall is one of the worst cancers to emerge in hockey since Avery. Dudes a definition of a spoiled brat, alot of that is also the fault of Oiler management, and he isn't even so good that we would have to give up 'cyclops surgery' for him. He's basically a worse Kessel with a lot of attitude and motivational problems.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pretty much, I hate bringing up personal stories on the mainboard because people just think you make stuff up. I went to school with Hall guy was pretty cool until he got drafted to the OHL, couple of his old friends made the trip to Ontario from Alberta to watch his game, he wouldn't even give them the time of day and ignored them when he saw them because he was with his cooler "buddies". So all that stuff about the split dressing room in Edmonton really doesn't surprise me.

When he was in town for Olympic camp last year, he wouldn't volunteerly sign jerseys unless you were a hot girl.

Literally every personal story I've read involving Hall has been negative. He's the new Kesler. We have a likable group of kids on this team (with the possible exception of DeAngelo, time will tell), and the best part about them is their work ethic and eagerness to improve. I don't like to buy into rumors, but when there's enough smoke, there's usually some sort of fire, and the latest word around Hall is "uncoachable." IMO, acquiring him for two-way players sets us back to where we were a few years ago.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Literally every personal story I've read involving Hall has been negative. He's the new Kesler. We have a likable group of kids on this team (with the possible exception of DeAngelo, time will tell), and the best part about them is their work ethic and eagerness to improve. I don't like to buy into rumors, but when there's enough smoke, there's usually some sort of fire, and the latest word around Hall is "uncoachable." IMO, acquiring him for two-way players sets us back to where we were a few years ago.

Guys like Callahan, Brian Boyle, Stralman, Morrow and Filppula would not take a liking to Hall, I agree our locker room seems to have great morale and unity (mostly because everybody works hard), no need to mess that up regardless of how skilled the player is.

On the opposite end, Drouin looks like he's adapted to the "team mentality", he's taken every setback this year in stride and doesn't let his skill or draft position fill up his ego. I remember the bench shots of Drouin when he was with Boyle and Morrow, and they were chatting to him and laughing it up, vets don't usually do that with kids unless they respect them.

Last edited:

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I guess I am underselling Hall, but I can't even fathom some of the trade proposals for the kid. I know he is talented, but giving up Drouin, Deangelo and Sustr would be gutting to our depth, especially given how young and talented those guys are. I trust SFY more than that proposal haha.

And I think we can all agree that if we trade Vasi right now, many of us will walk away from the team for a while. Vasi is the storyline franchises dream of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad