Speculation: Taylor Hall

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
what would you guys give up for taylor hall?

what some people are saying in the trade/rumor thread is hilarious
filppula + carle + jt brown + palat + drouin

or

sustr palat johnson 2015 1st/vasilevski

lmfao these people are insane

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
what would you guys give up for taylor hall?

what some people are saying in the trade/rumor thread is hilarious
filppula + carle + jt brown + palat + drouin

or

sustr palat johnson 2015 1st/vasilevski

lmfao these people are insane

Pretty much only pieces that are redundant here. Some combination of Carle, Killorn, Filppula, Connolly, and those 1sts, and I wouldn't expect them to like it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There's a list of players I'd target before Taylor Hall he doesn't really fill any holes, Drouin is significantly cheaper and will develop into a top LWer in 2-3 years anyways. For a cheaper package we could get Marleau, for a similar package we could land a big upgrade on D.

But our lineup is ridiculously deep and we wouldn't take a big hit if we did go Filppula, Carle, Killorn for Hall, probably one of the better packages a team could offer as it fills 3 of Edmonton's needs, could look like:

Hall-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Namestnikov-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Paquette

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Sustr
Barberio-Gudas

might be worth it just to get rid of Carle's contract, losing Flip and adding a winger takes some flexibility away though.

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
There's a list of players I'd target before Taylor Hall he doesn't really fill any holes, Drouin is significantly cheaper and will develop into a top LWer in 2-3 years anyways. For a cheaper package we could get Marleau, for a similar package we could land a big upgrade on D.

But our lineup is ridiculously deep and we wouldn't take a big hit if we did go Filppula, Carle, Killorn for Hall, probably one of the better packages a team could offer as it fills 3 of Edmonton's needs, could look like:

Hall-Stamkos-Callahan
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Drouin-Namestnikov-Connolly
Morrow-Boyle-Paquette

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Sustr
Barberio-Gudas

might be worth it just to get rid of Carle's contract, losing Flip and adding a winger takes some flexibility away though.

We'd shed 12 million in cap just this year and take back 6 for as many points as the three put together. It's probably a crazy bad trade for Edmonton, though, and I'd be surprised if the Bruins, amongst other teams, didn't beat such an offer.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We'd shed 12 million in cap just this year and take back 6 for as many points as the three put together. It's probably a crazy bad trade for Edmonton, though, and I'd be surprised if the Bruins, amongst other teams, didn't beat such an offer.

True, but our package doesn't dismantle us, Boston would lose almost all their depth considering they'd have to package 2 of Krejci, Lucic, Soderberg along with solid defenceman back the other way. Not to mention a 1st round pick we could throw in which would be worth it for Hall. All hypothetical though because no way in hell do Filppula or Carle waive their NTC's to go to Edmonton.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
True, but our package doesn't dismantle us, Boston would lose almost all their depth considering they'd have to package 2 of Krejci, Lucic, Soderberg along with solid defenceman back the other way. Not to mention a 1st round pick we could throw in which would be worth it for Hall. All hypothetical though because no way in hell do Filppula or Carle waive their NTC's to go to Edmonton.

Only if Coop and Yzer started Brewering them.

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
PRLCR8n.jpg

^
almost had a heart attack. all I saw was "moved" and "hall to tampa bay"

I should probably stop staying up till 5 am.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I'd probably give up... nothing for Taylor Hall.

He's redundant here. Doesn't fill a need. We have, what, the most goals scored in the league? Or close to it? No thanks.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Don't want the chipmunk looking loser.

But seriously - we don't need him and it would take too much to get him.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
If they are going to trade them they will be asking back for a Number 1 Defenseman. Sorry, Hedman and Stralman aren't worth giving up for a Taylor Hall. Rather keep our top pair as is.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we're making a big splash it's going to be for a defenceman, not Taylor Hall.

Our D has been good though this year. Top pair is legit, but were awful last night, Garrison - Sustr were our best pair and are a solid 2nd unit, improving the bottom pair would be nice but wouldn't call that making a big splash.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
There is still talk going around that the team is still looking for a top-line leftwinger and a bottom-6 2-way forward which just leaves us with more questions, first WHAT ABOUT DROUIN? and second: who would we trade to get them because if we're not going to use the guy that we drafted for that role then we're going to have to give up a lot to get one and while getting another bottom-6 2-way player would be good I think we have to remember that Morrow is only here on a 1 year deal so we don't trade away some assets and then still have to fill that spot in the summer anyway.

I guess we just have to trust in the Yzerplan and let him lead us on the right path even if it's hard to not wonder.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
There is still talk going around that the team is still looking for a top-line leftwinger and a bottom-6 2-way forward which just leaves us with more questions, first WHAT ABOUT DROUIN? and second: who would we trade to get them because if we're not going to use the guy that we drafted for that role then we're going to have to give up a lot to get one and while getting another bottom-6 2-way player would be good I think we have to remember that Morrow is only here on a 1 year deal so we don't trade away some assets and then still have to fill that spot in the summer anyway.

I guess we just have to trust in the Yzerplan and let him lead us on the right path even if it's hard to not wonder.

Yeah I say just throw up Drouin with Callahan and Stamkos for the rest of the year. Have Callahan grind pucks out and give it to Stammer and Drouin, and let those two just pot goals left and right.

Triplet line. Don't touch it.

Long story short, we don't need a top line winger. Just we need to give Drouin a chance to be that guy we drafted him to be. Especially considering that he looks like he is ready for it.

As far as a bottom 6 two way forward. Honestly, if anyone should go in that description it should be Connolly. Don't really see him really doing anything defensively for us and while he has a better scoring touch than Brown and Paquette, I see the latter two much better than Connolly in our own end. Other than that, I have no idea. Really what we need to do is let these kids play and get experience. If we are to go after anyone, I would suggest it being a defenseman so Carle will never have to play in our top 4 again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not at the price Edmonton is likely to ask. I'd be interested if they were willing to take our expendables, but that's about it. A one dimensional scorer is not going to put us over the top.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Losing Flip would hurt a lot more than we think. Particularly in a deal for Hall. Honestly, I think that would set us back a lot closer to what we were before the Yzerplan started showing results.

ClassicMach

Apr 14, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Been seeing some ideas kicked around. Connolly + Gudas + 1st for Hall I think I would take in a heartbeat. Namestnikov + GUdas + 1 makes me hesitant.

Just about anything else I'll pass.

But

Drouin - Stamkos - Hall
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Killorn - Filppulla - Callahan
Brown - Morrow - Boyle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad