Speculation: Taylor Hall, the good, bad & ugly Bruin

Taylor Hall helps the Oilers win a Cup

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
The funny thing about Hall fanboys is they insist he loved Edmonton wanted to play here so badly was done in wrong.

.... Okay well Taylor Hall prove it then. Tyson Barrie took an absolute sweetheart deal to come play here when he has zero ties to the oilers.

How about Taylor Hall start by saying he only wants to be traded to Edmonton at the deadline so we can have bargaining power in Edmonton. Second he resign for a $3.5 million for 3 years. It's too low? Well Tyson Barrie badly wanted to play in Edmonton and all I ever hear about is how much Taylor Hall loved Edmonton so...

How bout he says he'll return and play for free? I mean if Taylor Hall misses Edmonton so much wouldn't that be easy? Make it happen Taylor!

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The funny thing about Hall fanboys is they insist he loved Edmonton wanted to play here so badly was done in wrong.

.... Okay well Taylor Hall prove it then. Tyson Barrie took an absolute sweetheart deal to come play here when he has zero ties to the oilers.

How about Taylor Hall start by saying he only wants to be traded to Edmonton at the deadline so we can have bargaining power in Edmonton. Second he resign for a $3.5 million for 3 years. It's too low? Well Tyson Barrie badly wanted to play in Edmonton and all I ever hear about is how much Taylor Hall loved Edmonton so...

Barrie took a discounted 1 year deal and will be getting way more money this summer. That is NOT the same as a discounted 3 year deal.

Reactions: Mr Positive

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Barrie took a discounted 1 year deal and will be getting way more money this summer. That is NOT the same as a discounted 3 year deal.

You're right it's not. Taylor Hall actually loves Edmonton. I mean he wants to be here so badly right? Let's forget he signed a 1 year deal in Buffalo not Edmonton.

Ok so obviously his love for the city is more than Barrie's. How about only agreeing to go to Edmonton as an opening gambit?

Yeah when that doesn't happen maybe we can close the book on this narrative.

Reactions: EagerPug

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I think Hall would like to be here, but he would be fine with a lot of spots. It seems he's willing to waive for us and would like to be here. That's enough for me. As for that idea to give us leverage, that seems like an overreach by the player. I don't recall that happening before. Buffalo still has pride. They will not be extorted like that. It sets a bad precedent.

And btw, him choosing Buffalo doesn't say much. We offered 4 million less. Colorado did too. He probably would have preferred those spots, but there is a limit to everything. Barrie did not leave close to that much money on the table to come here. Not close to it. Even in that case, part of why he took that small amount is because that was all that was there for him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
One guy is playing with Oilers (going to the playoffs) and the other in Buffalo (a steaming pile of burning crap). Strange how those two things aren't comparable. Your argument here resembles Buffalo.
You expect your players earning 8 mil to perform regardless of circumstance. Mcdavid performed well here when we were a steaming pile of burning crap. As do many other players on many other teams. 2 goals doesn’t cut it. There’s no way to sugar coat it.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
You expect your players earning 8 mil to perform regardless of circumstance. Mcdavid performed well here when we were a steaming pile of burning crap. As do many other players on many other teams. 2 goals doesn’t cut it. There’s no way to sugar coat it.
Yes, comparing ANYONE to McDavid for performing contradicts my previous statement. Double down much?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Yes, comparing ANYONE to McDavid for performing contradicts my previous statement. Double down much?

You’re missing the point. That’s fine. You’re trying to obstruct and put words in my mouth anyway. Fact is Taylor hall is garbage and should not be anywhere near this team. 2 goals is pitiful. I will be disappointed if hall is traded here especially if we had to give up a roster player and a pick higher than 4th round. Taylor is on the decline and the only thing he has proven is that he needs everything to be right in order to perform and can’t get it done on his own. Hell even Eberle, Hemsky and Horcoff did better with less than hall is this year.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
You’re missing the point. That’s fine. You’re trying to obstruct and put words in my mouth anyway. Fact is Taylor hall is garbage and should not be anywhere near this team. 2 goals is pitiful. I will be disappointed if hall is traded here especially if we had to give up a roster player and a pick higher than 4th round. Taylor is on the decline and the only thing he has proven is that he needs everything to be right in order to perform and can’t get it done on his own. Hell even Eberle, Hemsky and Horcoff did better with less than hall is this year.
You and me both... but as I've come to expect the oilers to do oiler things regardless of who is at the helm I've prepared a new avatar to welcome hall back to Edmonton. I think its important he returns to some familiar things.

Reactions: EagerPug

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Soooo are we going to have a new Taylor Hall free agent thread or just continue to use this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad