News Article: Taylor Hall - Player's Tribune

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Anyone else notice the sequence with Burns and his kids last night?
Hall was in the background completely buried in his phone for the whole thing. It was insane.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Anyone else notice the sequence with Burns and his kids last night?
Hall was in the background completely buried in his phone for the whole thing. It was insane.

Nah, but I saw him keeping an eye on the kids for Burns' 2nd shot

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I watched that at a bar so I didn't get audio, what did the kids say to Scott just before he tackled one? :laugh:

Not sure, I think I missed that part. I had to have my remote handy for the bushleague SN broadcast. Any time Cox was talking, or something awkwardly Rogers happened, I flipped to another channel, so I'm sure I missed some stuff.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Could this be Hall's last..All Star..game..

If Conner McDavid live's up to his potential, He will be voted into the ASG for years to come...Where does that leave Taylor Hall...

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
More than one player from a team can be named an all star. So I assume that would leave Hall next to McDavid on the airplane headed to the all star game. Draisaitl might even get a window seat one year.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Also in the All-Star Game? You can have more than one player from the team go.

For sure and I think we'll start to see big changes to how players are selected next year, too. I'm guessing the league will limit the pool of players the fans are allowed to select from. I also wouldn't be surprised if they did away with the "every team needs to be represented" rule. That will open up the roster a bit. It may not benefit the team next year but it should somewhere down the line.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
They could make the voting as simple as... the player must be top 100 in scoring (F and D could be separate lists) in that season to be eligible to be voted for.

Goalies could have minimum sv pct stats and minimum games played etc.

It's silly to have voting for any and all players as obviously some aren't "all-stars"... but then again it's a meaningless game meant for fun anyway.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
They could make the voting as simple as... the player must be top 100 in scoring (F and D could be separate lists) in that season to be eligible to be voted for.

Goalies could have minimum sv pct stats and minimum games played etc.

It's silly to have voting for any and all players as obviously some aren't "all-stars"... but then again it's a meaningless game meant for fun anyway.

it would be a big deal but when you had guys in years past like Ovechkin, Crosby, Datsyuk sitting out then this year Toews and whoever else (couldn't be bothered to watch) if fans want a guy let him go.

I am familiar with the Nashville market and those are fans that really appreciate the game first then the players. In a hockey mad market you may have fans upset, but then it's the first point if big name players don't want to be there then get someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad