Taylor (Hall) or Tyler (Seguin)

Taylor or Tyler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the guy that had the better season this year and has the higher career PPG with worse linemates

it's funny how people act like Hall came out of nowhere this year when he's been in the top 10 of league scoring multiple times before,yeah he had some down years in between poor guy probably needed a break from carrying anemic offenses his whole career

he had to outscore his leading teammate by 41 points this year to put up his 93,Seguin usually doesn't even lead his team in scoring at all and he's never lead by more than 5 points

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Hall, even before last season. Both are great players, but Hall is enough of a game-breaker to make me take him (a winger) over the centre.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
People like to ignore the fact that Seguin has 5 consecutive 70+ point seasons and pay attention to what they remember most recently. When Hall returns to his normal form theyll go back to voting Seguin. Also if Seguin puts up the same year Hall did theyll all act like it was always Seguin who was better. Some of the people on this site just like voting for what's more popular/recent right now, not who has been the better player over their career so far

Also his massive defensive strides for fans of teams that only play the Stars twice will go largely unnoticed. Not a lot of people pay attention to the stars outside of the games where they play us so it's understandable to not be fully aware but Seguin has become a very solid 200 foot player.

This poll can go either way. I think Hall is a more dynamic offensive player but Seguin is more rounded and a better goal scorer. I'll take the rounded C over the winger but I dont think you can go wrong either way on this one

Reactions: Kcb12345

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
A) Nothing like starting an argument with “I know my hockey.” A true shining star in a sea of people who clearly don’t know their hockey. Congrats.

B) Are you really bringing up Memorial Cups in this discussion?

Either choice is a perfectly sensible choice here.

Nothing like a know it all thread Nazi, a true troll browsing around looking for a reaction...A true shining star amongst a sea of shining stars. It was a response to anther post. Why get involved pretending you have answers. Both players are great and all opinions differ. :loony:

..at least Memorial Cups happened. But Seguin apparently would make a strong push for the Hart playing on a weaker team didnt.....did you read that part...selective reading...doesnt help anyone

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
While seguin has for sure been the more consistent player, he isn’t capable of doing what Hall did last year. Never had and likely never will. Thus, I’m taking Hallsy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
While seguin has for sure been the more consistent player, he isn’t capable of doing what Hall did last year. Never had and likely never will. Thus, I’m taking Hallsy

What signaled that Hall was capable of it outside of this year? Literally nothing. He had a 53 point year last season. If anything, this season could potentially be a fluke

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
What signaled that Hall was capable of it outside of this year? Literally nothing. He had a 53 point year last season. If anything, this season could potentially be a fluke

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh. Sure guy. Sure. This doesn’t warrant a thought out response

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh. Sure guy. Sure. This doesn’t warrant a thought out response

Because you have no response to it lol. You realized what you said made no sense and that it could possibly be a fluke and that Seguin could do the exact same thing just as easily, you never know.

Mar 26, 2010
Big fan of Hall and Seguin! Both are core players you build your team around. Voted Hall though, he is elite, one of the best players in the league.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Hall also missed several games that season and had to come back from a mildly serious injury........its definitely not a fluke. Seguin has Benn and Radulov(albeite only 1 year) on his wings pretty much any top center would produce pretty heavy numbers with them. Hall has a type of play that can dictate a game he's drives his line consistently which is how he score significantly more than his linemates.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

He's had a very similar season before. In 2013-14 he was 6th in points and 5th in PPG. That's virtually the same as last year with the exception of his PPG being 7th highest instead of 5th.

His goal scoring this year is more likely to be a fluke than his production. He's never had a goal or GPG finish, and the closest he's come to a 14% shooting percentage is 13% and 11%

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
There has been one season where Hall was better
Until he keeps doing this every season, I'll take Seguin

This just isn’t true though. Hall scored at a higher pace every year, for the first 4 years of their careers. Seguin took the next 3. Then Hall took last year again. In their first 4 years, Hall had 225 points in 246 games (.915 PPG) vs 205 in 283 (.724 PPG) for Seguin.

Seguin has never even been the best player on his line, and up until last year, wasn’t even really a center. He’s a tremendous player, but he’s also overrated

Reactions: zeke

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This just isn’t true though. Hall scored at a higher pace every year, for the first 4 years of their careers. Seguin took the next 3. Then Hall took last year again. In their first 4 years, Hall had 225 points in 246 games (.915 PPG) vs 205 in 283 (.724 PPG) for Seguin.

Seguin has never even been the best player on his line, and up until last year, wasn’t even really a center. He’s a tremendous player, but he’s also overrated

Wasn't even really a center? He has played center his entire time in Dallas. In what way was he not a center? Also, he is easily the Stars best forward now.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Its ok to have a different opinion, as long as the reasoning is sound and the supporting reasons are factually correct. If you said Seguin because he's been the more consistent and ill admit it, better player over the last three seasons, that's ok.

But when you say stuff like this which are factually incorrect:

There has been one season where Hall was better
Until he keeps doing this every season, I'll take Seguin

Hall has been better in three seasons: 2013, 2014 and now 2018. And why does Hall need to keep "doing this every season" to be better? Hall was better in the first halves of their career, than Seguin took the second half. The gap between them is not massive enough for Hall to need to multiple mvp seasons to catch up. In fact id say its seguin that needs to catch up, since where is seguins mvp worthy season?

Uhh, maybe the previous other two seasons he finished top 10 in scoring? And its funny, you criticize "hf" (which ironically you are part of) for recency bias yet every single argument of yours against hall is centered around "53 points last year lol". The world wasn t created in 2015 you know...

But of course youre a stars fan so youll do anything to defend seguin so i dont even know if it was worth responding.

Reactions: Eb

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Its ok to have a different opinion, as long as the reasoning is sound and the supporting reasons are factually correct. If you said Seguin because he's been the more consistent and ill admit it, better player over the last three seasons, that's ok.

But when you say stuff like this which are factually incorrect:

Hall has been better in three seasons: 2013, 2014 and now 2018. And why does Hall need to keep "doing this every season" to be better? Hall was better in the first halves of their career, than Seguin took the second half. The gap between them is not massive enough for Hall to need to multiple mvp seasons to catch up. In fact id say its seguin that needs to catch up, since where is seguins mvp worthy season?

Uhh, maybe the previous other two seasons he finished top 10 in scoring? And its funny, you criticize "hf" (which ironically you are part of) for recency bias yet every single argument of yours against hall is centered around "53 points last year lol". Ironic huh?

But of course youre a stars fan so youll do anything to defend seguin so i dont even know if it was worth responding.

I'm simply reminding people that he recently had a bad year. They all seem to forget about it and act like he has strong seasons like this all the time when this season can easily be countered by that one. He had a bad season, now he had a good season. His next season is the tie breaker so let's see if he will put up another 90+ point Hart worthy year.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
I'm simply reminding people that he recently had a bad year. They all seem to forget about it and act like he has strong seasons like this all the time when this season can easily be countered by that one. He had a bad season, now he had a good season. His next season is the tie breaker so let's see if he will put up another 90+ point Hart worthy year.

OK, as long as you acknowledge that before Hall's 53 point season, he had two seasons in the top-10 in scoring. And why does Hall need another Hart worthy season? As I said, they're both pretty close at this point in their careers. The gap isnt "Hart worthy season" between the two. The only way that I see why Hall needs a Hart worthy season next season to surpass Seguin is if Seguin himself is also in Hart contention.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
How many “centermen” take less faceoffs than the “winger” on their line?

Are you stuck in 2013-14? lmfao

1400 faceoffs taken last year and 55% win rate..

dam what a garbage center

Just because Seguin plays with a winger that can win 50-55% of his draws doesn't mean he isn't a Center. I know as an Edmonton fan you are probably jealous two players on one line can go 50+% since all your Centers (Less Drais) rock an average around 45% on the dot. McDavid at 40%? Dam.. is he even a Center?

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
People like to ignore the fact that Seguin has 5 consecutive 70+ point seasons and pay attention to what they remember most recently. When Hall returns to his normal form theyll go back to voting Seguin. Also if Seguin puts up the same year Hall did theyll all act like it was always Seguin who was better. Some of the people on this site just like voting for what's more popular/recent right now, not who has been the better player over their career so far
Hall's normal form is being one of the best even strength players even when his point totals were low. Also, Hall has a better career PPG at .90 compared to Seguins .85

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Seguin has been close to, and averaged over, a PPG over the past 5 seasons and plays the more coveted position. While Hall had an amazing season, and I really like him as a player, he’s been inconsistent over the same span and does not boast that sort of resume.

I take Seguin here, Hall needs to show more consistency season to season to surpass him.

Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad