News Article: Taylor Hall - "I'm far from a finished product"

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Welp. He's already a top-3 LW in the NHL in my opinion. Give 'er ****, and be #1 Taylor.

It's your hockey team.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This is exactly what I wanted to hear. He called himself out but looking to get better. I wonder if he reads HF because he addressed every critiscm

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If any fan on these forums had made comments like that about Hall he would be abused to no end. Pretty fun, especially the giveaways bit.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If he fixes his problems, becomes able to finish a little better my god he would easily be top 5 players in the league.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
IMO, one thing that is left unsaid about Hall is his hockey acumen. From what I've seen in the past is that he really know's hockey, from stats of other players to the game itself.

A talent like that can take you a long way.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
The thing about Hall is that even though he has played well these last two years you can see that there is so much more we haven't seen yet , we should be excited to see him grow as a player and honestly I can see him drag us into the playoffs kicking and screaming . Hall is all heart and a winner , he won't be able to stand being a loser much longer and if he can help it, we won't be for much longer.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
When they finally arrive, it will be really fun to watch what he can do in the playoffs. That is where he will really shine, IMO.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
I've never heard a player say they lost battles because they entered them with poor body position, learn to far forward etc.
This is a source of huge optimism for me. I've complained for years that oilers aren't effective when it comes to using the body. They throw hits when you can see as plain as day that they are going to end up on the wrong side of the opposition player, or they don't use their speed to get in on defenders and force them to make a quick play before they get hit, they usually just don't engage at all in a meaningful or intelligent way.

Throwing a hit is as much a skill as stickhandling. Effective hitting makes decent players awesome.

I think Taylor is talking more about protecting the puck better and winning the battles for the puck but the latter scenario involves going in at the right angles with the right intentions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad