Player Discussion Taylor Hall II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If your priority is winning and you think the Bruins are that chance... Tampa certainly doesn't have the room for him.
Are the Bruins on the top of players teams that they think are in a position to win?

We've been trending downwards... Hall is a nice add, but hoping he really liked his time here, because otherwise, it's a tough sell long term looking just at the team, not the geography.

Even short term, even IF Krejci re-signs, it's not like he was the catalyst that kept us in it anymore anyways.
And he's a short term stand-in until the Bruins figure out what post-Krejci/Bergeron life is gonna look like. And it might just involve tanking at this point.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The Bruins could be in for a losing season this year even with Hall and Krejci. Having your starting goaltender out for most of the season isn't a winning recipe- even if Swayman is the real deal, it wouldn't be the first time a young goaltender had early career struggles.

If Sweeney bungles this off-season, we could be talking about lottery picks.

Disagree. Unless L1 gets hurt, they’ll be in playoff contention at worst. That’s the biggest factor…but their D and Cassidy’s system are also good enough. IMO, it would take a lot to have some kind of disastrous year. The worst thing that can happen is they aren’t ready for the playoffs. Injuries keep popping up. Cassidy keeps jumbling the roster and lines like bingo balls all year…and the team doesn’t get enough stability time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saw Foligno maybe not going back to Toronto. He would be a great 3rd line add. Leadership. Compete. Grit. Ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerseyBruin

member 96824

The Bruins finished third in their division and were eliminated by the team that finished 4th. They've won 3 total games beyond the 1st round in the last two years. They've missed the playoffs more times than they've won 2 playoff rounds since the Tyler Seguin trade. Have as many cups as the Ducks, Blues, Hurricanes, and Stars since TV turned color.

Now there are only three teams in the league better than them and 2 of them are out west?

Meanwhile, our team president is saying things like "We'll give it one more kick at the can just cause Bergy and Marchand deserve it"

So yeah...I mean, if Taylor Hall wants term on a contract, and is serious with his quotes about wanting to win, it's certainly a possibility that Taylor Hall views that Boston isn't the only team out there that gives him that chance.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Are the Bruins on the top of players teams that they think are in a position to win?

We've been trending downwards... Hall is a nice add, but hoping he really liked his time here, because otherwise, it's a tough sell long term looking just at the team, not the geography.

Even short term, even IF Krejci re-signs, it's not like he was the catalyst that kept us in it anymore anyways.
And he's a short term stand-in until the Bruins figure out what post-Krejci/Bergeron life is gonna look like. And it might just involve tanking at this point.

Tanking after Bergeron…sure…could be. Although, I still believe there’s the playoff mandate DS has always lived under, makes it tough. Maybe he can sell it to Jacobs.

But as long as Bergeron is still around they will make every effort to give the team a puncher’s chance. Long term concerns are solidly in the back seat.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Tanking after Bergeron…sure…could be. Although, I still believe there’s the playoff mandate DS has always lived under, makes it tough. Maybe he can sell it to Jacobs.

But as long as Bergeron is still around they will make every effort to give the team a puncher’s chance. Long term concerns are solidly in the back seat.
I don't disagree. But players have to be able to see the downward trend though, too... Bergeron or not.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
The Bruins finished third in their division and were eliminated by the team that finished 4th. They've won 3 total games beyond the 1st round in the last two years. They've missed the playoffs more times than they've won 2 playoff rounds since the Tyler Seguin trade. Have as many cups as the Ducks, Blues, Hurricanes, and Stars since TV turned color.

Now there are only three teams in the league better than them and 2 of them are out west?

Meanwhile, our team president is saying things like "We'll give it one more kick at the can just cause Bergy and Marchand deserve it"

So yeah...I mean, if Taylor Hall wants term on a contract, and is serious with his quotes about wanting to win, it's certainly a possibility that Taylor Hall views that Boston isn't the only team out there that gives him that chance.
Did you ever see that espn rewind video about the fall of the Detroit Red wings? It's pretty much bad drafting, sticking to an aging core, and injuries. I feel like the Bruins are writing a similar story now.

Reactions: Jim and Estlin

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
What's this elliot crap saying hall is exploring the market ruined my bagel salmon sandwich now. I wanna punch that elliot in the nose now . People calm me down and tell me all ok. You guy know how much I'm a taylor guy here.
It's going to be okay- you are not really a genius, a general manager or connected to hockey. What ever decision Taylor Hall makes will not effect you, your self worth, or your day in any way. It's going to be okay sweetheart

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
What's this elliot crap saying hall is exploring the market ruined my bagel salmon sandwich now. I wanna punch that elliot in the nose now . People calm me down and tell me all ok. You guy know how much I'm a taylor guy here.
I honestly have no clue which direction it’s going anymore. Seems Friedman is the only one that has said anything about Hall hitting the market.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
It's going to be okay- you are not really a genius, a general manager or connected to hockey. What ever decision Taylor Hall makes will not effect you, your self worth, or your day in any way. It's going to be okay sweetheart
Hey I wanna hear Taylor scores assisted from dk come playoff time. Big fan here. I love talking bruins that's why I'm here . Jeez.

Reactions: inactive user

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Until the Bruins insiders start singing Friedman's take on Hall I'm calling it BS.

Reactions: Alicat

Don Keedic

Apr 16, 2021
I remember not that long ago we were all sitting here patiently waiting to hear about Iginla signing after his contract and how deflating that entire situation was for some of us. Not getting my hopes up until ink is put to paper. 5x5.75 DO IT DONNIE.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Unless someone like @DominicT, Kirk or any Bruins insider says different I think Friedman was spitballing for clicks and then some random twitter account picked it up, changed a few words and hit tweet.

Bottom line is that unless Hall's agent leaks something, we have no clue what the Bruins are doing.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Unless someone like @DominicT, Kirk or any Bruins insider says different I think Friedman was spitballing for clicks and then some random twitter account picked it up, changed a few words and hit tweet.

Bottom line is that unless Hall's agent leaks something, we have no clue what the Bruins are doing.

You mean like Darren Ferris?

But the bolded is definitely true. I like Elliotte, but man he needs a haircut.

This is my favorite private conversation I had with him. I can share it, because by now, everyone knows how this went down.

Friedman.PNG

That was the first time I had spoken to him. But he is really a funny guy and he loves the game. He steered me in the right direction there and as he said, I did my own due diligence and found out his source was absolutely right. Then he let me break the news.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If I’m Taylor Hall, teams on my list are (in no particular order):
Boston
Vegas
Colorado
Toronto
Vancouver (long term)
Florida (weather & low key environment)
Carolina
St. Louis

member 96824

Did you ever see that espn rewind video about the fall of the Detroit Red wings? It's pretty much bad drafting, sticking to an aging core, and injuries. I feel like the Bruins are writing a similar story now.

I haven’t but makes sense. That’s a convo for a different day. Right now, I’m just talking about this weird idea that’s come out that if Hall wants to win, he has to do it here. I believe he can win here..but it sounds like even management believes if he signs a 4 year deal, he only has a realistic shot at winning the first one. So he probably also can win elsewhere…and like Vegas with Petro last year, if someone wants to make it happen, they’ll make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad