Proposal: Taylor Hall (Extended) for Jason Zucker

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
Hall for Zucker. Hall extends 5y, 6m per.

Buffalo gets a 2nd line player signed for a couple more seasons for a player that didn't fit.

Pens roll the dice that Hall would turn it around playing on a better team with Malkin since they won't play Zucker with Crosby and he doesn't fit with Malkin.

Hall goes to a contender with an extension that expires after his 34 year old season to allow for a multi-year extension if he is any good then.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Not far fetched as Burke has expressed he likes hall before and thr western Canadian thing . I dont see hall as thier top target but hextall and Burke could make a splash. Zucker is the odd man out as his play has beem abysmal this season.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Hall sucks. I don't care what he was in Jersey, he sucks now. I hope the Sabres get a lot for him but I wouldn't touch him if I was a GM.

Reactions: G Backup

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

Buffalo gets a 2nd line player signed for a couple more seasons for a player that didn't fit.

Pens roll the dice that Hall would turn it around playing on a better team with Malkin since they won't play Zucker with Crosby and he doesn't fit with Malkin.

Hall goes to a contender with an extension that expires after his 34 year old season to allow for a multi-year extension if he is any good then.

Buffalo could just sign him, acquire a few pieces and -be- a contender instead. Front office are fools of the highest order.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Buffalo should just trade Hall for the best young player they can get. They don’t need picks. They don’t need past their prime players.

So pick up a prospect, have him pan out and later on trade them for a young prospect?

They need to cut the crap, pause and PLAN. They keep trading pieces for future possible pieces that they’ll just trade because no one, GM and ownership included, has NO clue or idea where they want the team to go.

I’m not even a Buffalo fan and what they’re doing to the team and fans is criminal and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Reactions: elitepete

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
So pick up a prospect, have him pan out and later on trade them for a young prospect?

They need to cut the crap, pause and PLAN. They keep trading pieces for future possible pieces that they’ll just trade because no one, GM and ownership included, has NO clue or idea where they want the team to go.

I’m not even a Buffalo fan and what they’re doing to the team and fans is criminal and shouldn’t be tolerated.

I’m not sure ownership has a clue how to fix this. They should be hiring an experienced team president and focusing on the front office without addressing the lack of experience they will get nowhere with cheap coach hires and budget moves in house.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
I could see this but for Hall without the extension. If Hall wants to hit free agency and isn't going to sign, BUF gets a top 6 winger to replace him while PIT gets a winger that's potentially a better fit but has less term. We don't care about the contract length because as it is we could lose Zucker to expansion if we protect Guentzel - Sid - Rust, McCann - Malkin - Kap, Blueger.

Before people ask wtf rebuilding BUF wants to add a 28 y/o winger for, ask yourself if Jack Eichel wants to play with guys like Tage Thompson and Toby Rieder. They seem to want to let Reinhart/Cozens drive their own lines so Jack has to play with someone. Zucker is having a down year but so is Hall. I don't judge players based on one year alone when their body of work indicates they're better than that. Why I would be interested in Hall in the first place. Change of scenery would benefit them both.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

I swear some people live in La-La Land.

So Hall is going to sign that contract without a NMC? If Hall signed that type of contract, it’s because he is giving a discount to that team so they can sign other UFAs to build a better team around him and it 100% comes with a full NMC.

Hall is going to UFA. So if you make a trade, do it based on a rental value. If the team he goes to has success and Hall plays a big part in that success then maybe that team is able to negotiate a contract before he hits FA.

The OP is not a very realistic premise for a trade for Hall.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Assuming he's his healthy self, no way Hall doesn't put up big points with the Penguins.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Future considerations>Zucker
BTW you do not want an extended Hall.

Lol what is this nonsense.

Sabres say no because Zucker does nothing do them. Zucker says no because he has a NTC that likely has Buffalo on it. The Penguins say no because they can't afford that contract if they want to re-sign Rust. Hall says no because he wouldn't agree to that contract. So yeah, I see 0/4 here.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

No reason to get Hall in Pittsburgh. Have zero desire.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
Hall has to approve the trade partner. He can name one team and Buffalo can't do anything about it. No playing hard ball Buffalo! You might get maybe a 3rd if there is 1 team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad