Taylor Hall Comments

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Gotta just accept that Hall will never get over feeling slighted by the Oilers. Will never be able to handle the idea that he wasn't seen as untouchable.

We are at the mercy of the media now giving up on trying to get these juicy quotes, because Hall will keep giving them until they stop asking.

This is exactly it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The media will stop asking questions like this when he stops giving answers which make headlines. He’s got to take the Larsson approach and give boring answers, as noted in a post above. As long as he keeps playing the jilted-ex-lover role, the media will keep coming to him for sound bites.
It's a lot easier to give scripted answers when going from a team that was once good and now terrible to a team that is now good after being terrible forever. Hall gave the Oilers 6 years when they fielded an absolute garbage team to only be traded off once the Oilers got good. Add the fact the Devils are terrible and they will be for likely another couple of years and I can completely understand why Hall has conflicting feelings.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Gotta just accept that Hall will never get over feeling slighted by the Oilers. Will never be able to handle the idea that he wasn't seen as untouchable.

We are at the mercy of the media now giving up on trying to get these juicy quotes, because Hall will keep giving them until they stop asking.
They keep asking because he keeps giving them.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Wow, didn't know Edmonton fans hated Hall so much.

I thought he pretty much played hard for EDM while he was there?

There's a vocal minority that are certain he was a cancer in the locker room because of a few he said/she said stories.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
We like him in Jersey torching the Flyers.
We like him in the east as well. He's a great player and only playing him twice is better than more.

It's a lot easier to give scripted answers when going from a team that was once good and now terrible to a team that is now good after being terrible forever. Hall gave the Oilers 6 years when they fielded an absolute garbage team to only be traded off once the Oilers got good. Add the fact the Devils are terrible and they will be for likely another couple of years and I can completely understand why Hall has conflicting feelings.
I can understand as well but I dont understand why he doesnt just say he's concentrating on his new team now (which isnt even that new anymore). A canned answer like that will keep the media at bay.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
1) You take BPA
2) Hall is a LW has never played RW in his career.
3) Whos to say Seguin would've worked out in Edmonton? Larsson > Smith + Eriksson

My mistake. Meant to type LW which is what B's needed.

I think Edmonton took BPA for too long. Obviously they hit pay dirt with McDavid but that was a no brainer.

Prior to that Edmonton took undersized forwards with their wealth of riches instead of taking/maneuvering for a stud D or true #1 center.

And as far as BPA, Hall was not then enough of an edge over Seguin to justify giving up on a very gifted natural center -- which was one of their main needs.

Would have been funny if they'd missed out on McDavid. If so they'd still be an average team.

Bottom line is with the seemingly endless top picks/high high picks their obsession with BPA was flawed.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The only time has Taylor Hall has shown a big smile and genuine happiness in the last few years has been.....when Burns, Pavelski, and Hall lifted John Scott up during the All-Star.

This is someone itching to be in a better environment.
The mental side seems to affect him a great deal and I think his performance will suffer if he's not happy.

Party Kane

Nov 7, 2013
Chicago
Wtf do Oilers fans expect him to say?

If any of you were in his position you'd be PO'ed too.

Seems like the Oilers fans are bitter if anything

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Can't blame him, team traded him as soon as they were a playoff team to another garbage team after years of busting his ass on the ice. I highly doubt we'd be hearing about this is Hall was traded to a playoff team

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Wow, didn't know Edmonton fans hated Hall so much.

I thought he pretty much played hard for EDM while he was there?

Majority of Oilers fans still love the guy for what he brought on the ice, the fans that hate him are probably the same ones that got slighted by him in the bars/clubs when he was an immature super celebrity in a blue collar city making 6mill a year

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I'd say the same if I was him, he was the only player who gave a **** for about 6 years most nights. Then once the team turns the corner it makes him look like he was apart of the problem. He's a passionate guy who takes the personally.

With that said there's a point where he just has to get over it already, it's been a year move on and tell the media that you've moved on, not how butt hurt you still are at the Oilers

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Outside of a small minority of haters that every player has, Hall was like royalty in Edmonton. Don't change history just to make a point. We were devastated when he was traded.

The minority was growing. I am actually happy we traded him before the uneducated masses turned on him like they did Eberle.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Edmonton tanking confirmed?
Lowe was GM for 8 years and President of Hockey Ops for another what 6 years? What more proof of a tank do people need? Anyone wanting to win would have fired Lowe long before he was moved out of Hockey Ops.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Wtf do Oilers fans expect him to say?

If any of you were in his position you'd be PO'ed too.

Seems like the Oilers fans are bitter if anything

Did you even read this thread?

No one really cares about what he's saying that much. It's just surprising he continually gives the media what they want to hear.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I don't blame him. Shouldn't have said it but I'm sure if every person on the planet was in his situation they'd be happy as **** the Oilers got out.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'd say the same if I was him, he was the only player who gave a **** for about 6 years most nights. Then once the team turns the corner it makes him look like he was apart of the problem. He's a passionate guy who takes the personally.

With that said there's a point where he just has to get over it already, it's been a year move on and tell the media that you've moved on, not how butt hurt you still are at the Oilers

Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad