Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar to Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Last summer I was beating the Taylor Hall drum bigtime.

The player is perfect for Krejci's wing when healthy and when motivated. But in choosing Buffalo for a one year deal he showed a lack of drive, and his compete level in-season with Buffalo has been a total embarrassment. The eye test shows a low-compete player and as much as I wanted him last summer, right now I've got trepidation.

But he's got the opportunity to turn it around. Maybe the leadership of 37/63/46 will pull something out of him where the black hole that is Buffalo couldn't. Maybe he's going to be motivated again. but maybe not. We know he's a big Bobby Orr guy, former client of Orr. There's been lots of mutual interest between him and Boston dating back to the 2010 draft. I'll give him every chance to get back in good graces. I just hope Don didn't give up anything more than a 2nd at most, hopefully a 3rd.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I have no interest in the Bruins signing Hall long term, but this is a good move for now because he will want to di well and get paid this summer.

I hate rentals overall, but it's part of the game. Just usually hasn't paid off for us, except for once.

Not a fan of Hall at this point, but I'll still root for the team.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Shit, Lazar might be a sneaky big throw-in to push the declining Wagner/Kuraly on the 4th line, or perhaps even skate with Coyle on the 3rd.

All that for a 2nd and Bjork, I'm very happy. Bjork and Buffalo are a match made in heaven, because both of them are remarkably bland and you wouldn't notice if they just dropped off the face of the earth. 2nd rounder for Hall and Lazar is a good haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad