Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar to Bruins - Part II

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
cant believe i didnt remember that. I was at the 97-98 bruins wives carnival they made jumbo play goalie as kids ripped street hockey balls at him. Clearly a little rookie hazing. He had a good glove though
Yes that was in Revere, right?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
cant believe i didnt remember that. I was at the 97-98 bruins wives carnival they made jumbo play goalie as kids ripped street hockey balls at him. Clearly a little rookie hazing. He had a good glove though

They gave him #6 because back then Harry basically dictated numbers (an equipment guy famously said to Cam Neely "Harry likes you in 8, so you are wearing 8" after Cam asked to switch to his normal #21). Also, Rob DiMaio was wearing Joe's preferred #19.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
At least there was an attempt. That is all we ask for. Did not give up too much. Not a big Hall guy but looking forward to see him in black and gold action. Lazar I had higher hopes for him following his junior showing. Maybe a change of scenery can unlock his grit and offensive flair. I was hoping for Mantha. Believe he is the one big fish that is going to make the biggest splash. An effing truck with Mario/Lecavalier-type vision. Would have gone all-in for that guy. Boston probably outgunned to get him, but would still have tried to outbid Panik/Vrana + picks. Val d'Or Power was rotting away in Motown. Cup to the Caps!!! Looch playing his 1000th game - Shawn Thornton giving him his due on TSN. 15 years on, just like that.
Love Al Secord

Reactions: hutch22

hutch22

Jan 10, 2004
Waterville, Maine
Visit site
I saw Al Secord's first 'pro' game. An exhibition game between Flyers rookies and Bruins rookies in Yarmouth Maine. Secord scored a goal on his 1st shift and had a fight in his second shift. Clayton Pachal (Bruins) fought Ken Linesman (Flyers) 3 times and absolutely destroyed him.

Reactions: DKH

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Neither number has been good karma for whoever's worn them lately. I advocate burning them to be sure.
not recent but....Rick Smith, Tom Johnson, Jean Ratelle, Barry Pederson, Thomas Gradin....

and every number has its duds...

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Teddy Green wore #6. They should have burned it after what happened to him.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad