Taylor Hall 80 points 6th in League Scoring

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
In this horrid year for the Oilers, is the most points by an Oiler in 13 years since Doug Weight got 90 in 2000/2001.

At least one draft pick pays off, if he doesn't request a trade this summer.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
He's a top 30 overall player in the league (including goalies and D). He's at worst the no.3 LW in the league. Personally, I think Benn and Sharp are better overall, but that's elite company.

It's really funny that some people still like to take shots at Hall. He's a fantastic player. He should also be the captain of this team either next year or the following year.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
He's a top 30 overall player in the league (including goalies and D). He's at worst the no.3 LW in the league. Personally, I think Benn and Sharp are better overall, but that's elite company.

It's really funny that some people still like to take shots at Hall. He's a fantastic player. He should also be the captain of this team either next year or the following year.

Agreed. Though if I was building a team right now, Id rather have Hall than Benn or Sharp.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Also if he played a full 82 games he'd easily have finished with 90pts and would have been second overall. Woulda shoulda coulda...didn't happen. Very happy for the kid though. Only going to get better. Def the Oilers best player.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Rather then Sharp forsure, but I'd have a tough time deciding between him or Benn.

If our PP was half decent this year Hall could've hit 90 points.

If he didn't get hurt, he would've got 90 points, **** PP or not:nod:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Hall was a beast this year.

You can talk about how he doesn't always make the best decisions, but he's got as much drive to win as anyone else in the league and he put up a ton of points on a horrible team.

I'm expecting a lot more out of Hopkins next year and if he takes the next step we'll also sees huge boost from Eberle in return since the two of them have such great chemistry when they're on their game.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I am very happy he finished with a higher ppg then Seguin he has done this every season so far. Also nice to see Eberle top 30 in scoring.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I am very happy he finished with a higher ppg then Seguin he has done this every season so far. Also nice to see Eberle top 30 in scoring.

And yet Seguin is going to the playoffs.

Hall had huge numbers this year and its impressive.

However...I also think there is a lesson in this for everyone, including Hall:

Individual box stats don't necessarily take precedent over team wins.

Hall can actually do more to help the team win...by scoring less.

And please...don't take this as an attack on Hall. He has taken step one this year, by showing that he can dominate the offensive side of the game.

His next level will involve dominating against other teams top lines...in all facets of the game...and doing it within the context of an "in-game schedule".

The bad news is...Hall hasn't done this quite yet.

The good news is....this season confirms he is capable of such things.

I think he NEEDS to take this step in order to set the example for other marquee names on this team.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

And please...don't take this as an attack on Hall. He has taken step one this year, by showing that he can dominate the offensive side of the game.

His next level will involve dominating against other teams top lines...in all facets of the game...and doing it within the context of an "in-game schedule".

I think he NEEDS to take this step in order to set the example for other marquee names on this team.
Does not make him a better player it makes him fortunate to play on a better team that's all. I would still take Hall every time Dallas will have a quick exit. If stars added Hall this year he would of pushed them in as well.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

First bold point makes no sense.

Second bold point - neither has Seguin. He's still inconsistent and he plays with better linemates than Hall. Say what you want about Eberle/Nuge potential, those 2 were **** for most of the season.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He seemed to crank it up and mature to some extent later in the year. He seemed to cut down the turnovers to some extent and his puck handling was more controlled as the year went on.

All of our top young guys are still in a state where if the other team lets them play their game they will produce but the top teams make it tougher and they have to find a way to still produce and fight through a few things.

No disputing that he is our best player.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
The dude had a higher even strength ppg than Sidney Crosby. Yes, that Sidney Crosby. Imagine if the Oilers were still using Krueger's power play.:amazed:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
He seemed to crank it up and mature to some extent later in the year. He seemed to cut down the turnovers to some extent and his puck handling was more controlled as the year went on.

All of our top young guys are still in a state where if the other team lets them play their game they will produce but the top teams make it tougher and they have to find a way to still produce and fight through a few things.

No disputing that he is our best player.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

I think it comes down to "picking your spots" and against top teams...they don't leave a lot to pick from.

This is why I suggested Hall can actually be a better player...but...totalling fewer points.

I suppose its possible he could be an even better all around player and still equal or surpass current production, too.

But...I'd just like to see more energy/concentration on executing the right play...and less excitement/vulnerability going for the big play.

JBear

Mar 26, 2014
Yeah but Crosby is in the playoffs all Halls stats are reset to 0 they mean nothing.:sarcasm:

The last game vs the Sharks, The Hall/RNH/Eberle line pretty much dominated the big bad Sharks. If they are kept together, played like that most nights, and the team actually had some secondary scoring the Oilers would jump right into a playoff position, defence be darned.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
With the success that Hall-RNH-Eberle previously had, I don't understand why Eakins didn't run them together all season. Now they need to find a big, defensive second line C for Yakupov if they decide not to trade him. J.Staal and Berglund could probably be had for a reasonable price.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Points contribution % of the top 20 LW scorers (as listed on NHL.com).

Calculated based on pts per game of each player divided by goals per game of their respective teams...

Hall 43.1%
Benn 34.0%
Sharp 29.2%
Marleau 28.1%
Kunitz 28.7%
Vanek 33.9%
Landeskog 26.3%
Steen 30.2%
van Riemsdyk 27.1%
Pacioretty 31.4%
Lucic 23.2%
Palat 24.9%
Zuccarello 28.8%
Perron 29.5%
Jokinen 23.2%
Parise 33.1%
Schwartz 23.1%
MacArthur 24.2%
Skinner 30.2%
Ladd 25.0%

It's not even close... Hall is the best offensive LW in the NHL when you take into account the team he plays on.

You can question his overall game but obviously his deficiencies are further exposed on this mediocre team as well... it's a catch 22 and other players would have the same happen to them on the Oilers (as we've seen often).

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
It's too bad we can't play Colorado 82 games a year, Hall might break Gretzky's records.

Smart Dunsparce*

A fellow Oiler fan mentioned this in another thread... Hall has 42 points in 42 games against playoff teams. Hall is playing against the other teams top lines and defencemen night in and night out and doing more than well. Its not Hall's fault that the Oilers are out of the playoffs, nor is it Seguins fault the Stars made it. I would take Halls consistent point production over a player with multiple 4+ point games, any day of the week and 3 times on sundays. Consistent point production is what helps teams out the most... not Halls fault the Oilers are bad.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hopefully he starts getting te respect he deserves. It's bad enough that he doesn't get it from the East coast media, it was pathetic how often he didn't even get the respect from his own fans.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Even Strength Points Per 60 minutes this year :

W3l2B4U.png

Perreault is a stud :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad