Confirmed with Link: Taylor Fedun to Sharks

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
A mobile, quick-skating defenseman. Fedun has good hockey sense and a sound positional game. Lacks size, though.
- Erik K. Piri, EP

A cerebral, mobile, puck-moving defenseman, Fedun was slower to develop and played a full four years at Princeton refining his skills. He is slightly undersized for a blueliner, however his positional play, quickness, and high hockey IQ help compensate for that. - HF

Oct 30, 2011
He's a very intelligent young man who overcame a broken femur in less than a year.

He was the top pairing d-man for the OKC Barons and played very well.

He has average size. He moves the puck well. He does have some offensive abilities.

Would have loved to carry him as our 7th d-man over the recently signed Keith Aulie.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I just meant a player we sign who everyone goes "who??" about.

giphysa_zps011a6174.gif

I find this signing fascinating, seriously know absolutely nothing about him. Any scouting reports?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Oiler fan

Hes a depth/ AHL signing but a very good one. He was the best D on the Barons the last 2 years (Barons had deep post season run 2 years ago). He was knocking on the NHL door and im not really sure why MacT didnt open it. He played 2 games in the NHL and looked good.

He was also close to making the team 2 years ago before sustaining the worst injury possible in hockey

Strengths:
Unreal hockey IQ- like one of the best in the AHL
Very good skater
Great puck mover
Can provide offense
Good d zone coverage and positioning

Weakenesses
Smaller D who gets pushed around
Not good along the boards

I really wish we qualified him as I think he is NHL ready. Will be a good 3rd pairing or #7 option.

Good signing

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Oiler fan

Hes a depth/ AHL signing but a very good one. He was the best D on the Barons the last 2 years (Barons had deep post season run 2 years ago). He was knocking on the NHL door and im not really sure why MacT didnt open it. He played 2 games in the NHL and looked good.

He was also close to making the team 2 years ago before sustaining the worst injury possible in hockey

Strengths:
Unreal hockey IQ- like one of the best in the AHL
Very good skater
Great puck mover
Can provide offense
Good d zone coverage and positioning

Weakenesses
Smaller D who gets pushed around
Not good along the boards

I really wish we qualified him as I think he is NHL ready. Will be a good 3rd pairing or #7 option.

Good signing

Are we talking #7 on the Oilers Defensive depth chart? Because my Nan is #14...

(Cheers for the overview though!) :P

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Are we talking #7 on the Oilers Defensive depth chart? Because my Nan is #14...

(Cheers for the overview though!) :P

If I were the GM hed be on the depth chart right there with Schultz. On a good team he will be a legit #7 option. The Oilers D core is a joke, but the Barons were actually a good team (2 deep runs, 1 to the finals, huge roster turnover), and he was one of the best players on the team, so take that for what its worth. Not sure why he wasnt on the Oilers, as he was better than half of the players, but I guess hes not truculent enough.

Very little risk (none, as he will be an AHL top pairing D at worst), with decent reward. Guys with good hockey IQs tend to stick around longer and fair better than purely physical players. I think he has very good potential, even if he is older

He graduated from Princeton with a degree in rocket engineering I believe, so must have some smarts

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Small offensive defenseman. So, a homeless man's Boyle? We got our Boyle replacement you guys! :sarcasm:

NHL.com has him 6'00 and 198lbs.

Hockeydb and eliteprospects back those ballpark numbers. He's not massive but he's not 'small' either.

He's a right hand shot, interestingly.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
more like the opposite. Sheppard is more braun than brains...

I mean a guy with promise who suffered a horrible injury and faced a long road to earning a spot in the NHL.

DW loves that type cuz they have to persevere and claw their way to the big show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad