Taylor Beck still not signed - update: signed 1 year @ 550K

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
No, it just means he gets paid the same in the AHL or NHL, but at league minimum that's not a huge thing to eat. We've done it before.

What I mean is I feel like they wouldn't do this unless they think he's going to make the team. I could be wrong, but I've had a feeling that Lavy likes Beck.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Signed 1 year, 1-way $550k.

Press Release

I don't get it. You have to think he's gonna be a frequent scratch or maybe alternate with Nystrom or Bourque. Sucks because this could mean Forsberg is odd man out when everyone gets healthy. That or Poile isn't too worried about losing him on waivers or paying him 550K if he sends him down.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I thought he should've made the team last year. This 1 year gets him until all of these other 1 year deals expire. Hopefully he impresses.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Also could make him easier to trade being he is under contract. Who knows what happens, but I just get a feeling someone is getting traded or moved in some way. Just seems like there is way too many forwards.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Keep in mind that one-way only means that he gets paid the 550k regardless of where he plays. It doesn't mean that he can't be sent down. I still don't think he starts the season up with the big club. He is, however, probably the first call-up.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Keep in mind that one-way only means that he gets paid the 550k regardless of where he plays. It doesn't mean that he can't be sent down. I still don't think he starts the season up with the big club. He is, however, probably the first call-up.

Until stalberg comes off IR there is no reason to send him down and expose him to waivers since he will make the same money. I'm thinking he starts here, with a imperative to prove he belongs here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad