Recalled/Assigned: Taylor Aronson Reassigned / Stalberg Recalled (Updated)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yup, even when he plays well he doesn't get a chance. Frankly I think he is getting a raw deal this season. Bitteto had nothing but high praises for him while playing with him in the AHL. He went as far to say that he was the kind of player you enjoyed having on your team.

Something just doesn't add up imo.

to repeat what I said elsewhere, i think this last call up was considered an "emergency" call up for the injured Wilson and too avoid having to pass through waivers he had to be sent down when Wilson returned. I could be wrong but thats the only thing that would explain why he didn't have to clear waivers again. Im guessing the plan is to bring him back up after the trade deadline.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
to repeat what I said elsewhere, i think this last call up was considered an "emergency" call up for the injured Wilson and too avoid having to pass through waivers he had to be sent down when Wilson returned. I could be wrong but thats the only thing that would explain why he didn't have to clear waivers again. Im guessing the plan is to bring him back up after the trade deadline.

Well and part of me wonders if he isn't the one getting the short end because they don't need to risk letting OJ or Cullen go to give him a shot. Odds of someone taking Stalberg is pretty low waivers or not because of the contract.

van22

May 25, 2014
Just thinking, how could Stalberg be send back down without being waived first?

Only need to clear waivers again after 10 games or 30 days on the roster for regular recalls.

For emergency recalls it's 10 games.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land

Could he have gotten called up for Nonis to check him out at the NHL level? I know the Leafs brass traveled to MIL, just wondering if he wasted to see Stal in the next level.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
So you think they called up another defenseman and sent down a forward for Wilson?

I think Weber was sick, didn't know if he could play, ended up playing.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
How did Aronson look?

I'm glad that we didn't have to find out. Having Bitetto on the ice was bad enough.

Stalberg gets screwed again. This guy is going to have to score four goals in a game before they keep him up. I really think that he might be the answer to getting some scoring from the third line, but it doesn't seem like there is much he can do to get a legitimate shot. I feel bad for him.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I love how we all complain about Stalberg being sent down and he is back up. Arsonon was just insurance in case Weber couldn't go. I hope it isn't because we have an injured forward.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I think we'll see Stalberg and Cullen alternating healthy scratches until one of them proves to have a clear advantage.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Welcome back Stålberg... again. Hopefully he takes Cullen's place on the 3rd line.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm glad that we didn't have to find out. Having Bitetto on the ice was bad enough.

Stalberg gets screwed again. This guy is going to have to score four goals in a game before they keep him up. I really think that he might be the answer to getting some scoring from the third line, but it doesn't seem like there is much he can do to get a legitimate shot. I feel bad for him.

Here is some free advice. Don't call up a player who is in a slump! Bitetto has played well this season in Milwaukee, until around 2 weeks ago.

Last Sunday I was screaming at him to get off the ice in OT versus Rochester. He was standing on the left faceoff dot in the D-zone and watching the Amerks cycle the puck. He didn't move an inch for 10 seconds. That isn't helping out on defense. It makes me wonder if he has some kind of injury because that is the opposite of what I have seen over the last 2 seasons. Bitetto likes checking people rather than seeing them skate around with the puck. Calling him up now was bad timing by Nashville.

I have seen Stalberg play in Milwaukee. He has good speed. His shooting isn't so good, so he is a poor finisher. He needs to work on that to stick in the NHL. He has scored 7 goals in 14 games in Milwaukee, but that is against AHL competition and Milwaukee has been on a roll since January 1. Milwaukee averages 3 goals a game, but has put up three fours, a six and a seven in the last 10 games.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Why did he have to be waived today if he didn't a couple of days ago? Is this just a hope that someone picks him up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad