Recalled/Assigned: Taylor Aronson Reassigned / Stalberg Recalled (Updated)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

nashville, tenn. (february 12, 2015) – nashville predators president of hockey operations/general manager david poile announced thursday that the team has recalled defenseman taylor aronson (tay-luhr aihr-uhn-suhn) from milwaukee (ahl) and reassigned forward viktor stalberg to the admirals. This is aronson’s first career recall and he will wear no. 50 with the predators.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=753138

pekkaslap

Jul 8, 2011
So does this mean Willy is playing and Aronson is in place of Bitetto potentially?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Just thinking, how could Stalberg be send back down without being waived first?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So does this mean Willy is playing and Aronson is in place of Bitetto potentially?

Wilson is probably playing, not sure about the recall though. I worry about Weber with him missing morning skate. You would think they would have sent Bitetto back down if they were going to play him in place of him.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Gonna be a long, nervous wait till the pre game skate, when we can finally find out what in the heck is going on.............

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Wilson is probably playing, not sure about the recall though. I worry about Weber with him missing morning skate. You would think they would have sent Bitetto back down if they were going to play him in place of him.

Not necessarily. They may not be sold on Bitetto, but are avoiding having to assign/recall him if Aronson proves to be less capable.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm not a Stalberg fan by any stretch, but I really don't understand why he isn't really getting a shot. They finally did it with Beck and it turned out pretty well, wouldn't mind letting Cullen or Bourque sit for a couple of games to see if he might catch fire. I know under Trotz he technically was given a shot, but really don't feel like in this new system he has. Which is crazy because you think it would fit him really well.

HoptownPred

Apr 12, 2011
Hopkinsville, KY
When are we going to learn the info passed down to us is not to be believed? Weber=maintenance day....whatever.
I'm not complaining. It's just part of the game. Don't let the opponent(or the public, for that matter) know the truth about injuries/personnel moves. Keep 'em guessing.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Maybe they figure that since the game is not on local TV then no one would notice if Weber is absent... :shakehead

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If there is something seriously wrong with Weber, I am just wondering how in the heck they have been able to keep it completely off the radar- There has been a practice and a morning skate since the last game- tons of media (much more so than usual with a Canadian team in town) here the past 2 days.

And until word of this callup there was basically no inclination whatsoever that anything was wrong.......

SOMEBODY in that building has to have some clue if something is up...

I completely understand the gamesmanship part of this stuff, but man it is frustrating as a fan....... (Another example is Ellis- no clue from anyone what in the heck is going on with him- is he coming back next week, next year?)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I don't think there was a practice yesterday and he was given a "maintenance day" today for the morning skate.

My guess is, Weber's out and Jarnberg's right. He got hit and experienced symptoms this morning.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I don't think there was a practice yesterday and he was given a "maintenance day" today for the morning skate.

My guess is, Weber's out and Jarnberg's right. He got hit and experienced symptoms this morning.

You guys are probably right and that would be WORST case scenario as well. We have all seen these concussion cases in the past go from "out 1-2 weeks" to out for 6 months to a year. I'm starting to get a little scared.

HoptownPred

Apr 12, 2011
Hopkinsville, KY
If there is something seriously wrong with Weber, I am just wondering how in the heck they have been able to keep it completely off the radar- There has been a practice and a morning skate since the last game- tons of media (much more so than usual with a Canadian team in town) here the past 2 days.

And until word of this callup there was basically no inclination whatsoever that anything was wrong.......

SOMEBODY in that building has to have some clue if something is up...

I completely understand the gamesmanship part of this stuff, but man it is frustrating as a fan....... (Another example is Ellis- no clue from anyone what in the heck is going on with him- is he coming back next week, next year?)

When was the last time we got "the straight dope" on an injury?

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
the only straight dope I can give you is that Ellis is still "not close." Walks without a limp, but still can't skate well enough to practice.

As for Aronson, nice reward for a nice AHL season. Don't expect him (or Bitetto) too long, as Ekholm is close.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Just thinking, how could Stalberg be send back down without being waived first?

He must have been considered an "emergency" callup for Wilsons injury. I think in that situation as long as he goes back immediately when the injured player returns the waivers dont apply

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Signing in Nashville was Stålberg's biggest mistake.

Yup, even when he plays well he doesn't get a chance. Frankly I think he is getting a raw deal this season. Bitteto had nothing but high praises for him while playing with him in the AHL. He went as far to say that he was the kind of player you enjoyed having on your team.

Something just doesn't add up imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad