Confirmed with Link: Tavares to Toronto (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I just realized: JVR= $7million, Bozak= $5million.

Tavares = $11 million

So we essentially trade JVR and Bozak for Tavares and get 1 million in cap space. Of course that is a 7 year contract; a lot of term there.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Trolling? Not trolling at all lol...

John Carlson is better than Reilly. Letang (contrary to popular belief) is a quality dman and better than Reilly. Crosby/Malkin> Tavares/Matthews and it’s not even close.

Leafs will need to upgrade their defense if they want to win a cup. Sorry, but that is reality. Hopefully Nylander gets moved for a dman.

I would say Crosby/Malkin WAS better than Tavares/Matthews - we'll see what happens this year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I said ehen Dubas did something r"real" something that mattered that he would deserve credit.

THIS is as real as f***ing gets, Dubas Babcock and Shanny deserve all the credit in the world for this.

THIS is real THIS matters I don't know how the f*** they did it, but did it.

Bravo Kyle

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I don't see this being a discount... McD got 12.5M, and he was not going to get that kind of money. I am concerned about how we sign MNM. But I have confidence Dubas can figure it out.
NYI offered him over 11 didn't they?

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I just realized: JVR= $7million, Bozak= $5million.

Tavares = $11 million

So we essentially trade JVR and Bozak for Tavares and get 1 million in cap space. Of course that is a 7 year contract; a lot of term there.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Trolling? Not trolling at all lol...

John Carlson is better than Reilly. Letang (contrary to popular belief) is a quality dman and better than Reilly. Crosby/Malkin> Tavares/Matthews and it’s not even close.

Leafs will need to upgrade their defense if they want to win a cup. Sorry, but that is reality. Hopefully Nylander gets moved for a dman.

Didn't know NHL was 2 on 2.

Yeah Crosby/Malkin > Matthews/JT but then we have a Marner, Kadri and Nylander as well. Good complimentary players in Hyman, Marleau, Johnsson and Kap.

Our D is good enough for middle of the pack + we have Andersen.

How is that not good enough for a cup when we just finished in the top 10 without Tavares?

There will also be less goals against by virtue of a third line that back checks.

Cheer up.

Reactions: Superstar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad