Confirmed with Link: Tavares to Toronto (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Now you just win a Cupnthis coming season or lose Marner Nylander or Mathews.

Leaf fans, all jokes aside, what’s up with your blue line? Need 2-3 good dmen now

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I know you’re trolling but who on Pitts or Washington is decidedly better than Rielly?

Trolling? Not trolling at all lol...

John Carlson is better than Reilly. Letang (contrary to popular belief) is a quality dman and better than Reilly. Crosby/Malkin> Tavares/Matthews and it’s not even close.

Leafs will need to upgrade their defense if they want to win a cup. Sorry, but that is reality. Hopefully Nylander gets moved for a dman.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
So now we know the Leafs pitch wasn’t “why should you come to Toronto” it was “why you should take a discount to come to Toronto”

The implications on MNM could be big cap savings - seeing JT come and take a cut like that.

TAVARES-MARNER IS GONNA HAPPEN!

I don't see this being a discount... McD got 12.5M, and he was not going to get that kind of money. I am concerned about how we sign MNM. But I have confidence Dubas can figure it out.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Won’t win anything with the group of dmen the Leafs have. It’s an exciting signing but really after losing Bozak/JVR and not upgrading the defense... this signing is smoke and mirrors.
So, find another team to cheer for!

Reactions: nobody

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
remedial weren't you pumping sharks all week? what the hell

Nah man, I just switched to eat my boot and sharks because it worked for Babcock. Look back I was 7 x 11m Wed. mid day and playing the rest.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
It's a discount only because he could have gotten more elsewhere.

If the report that the NYI offered 11m x 8years as an opening offer is true, you have no doubt that he could have gotten more there. Or potentially elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad