Proposal: Tavares to the Sabres (Summer)

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Assuming Leafs get bounced in the first round and Tavares would waive to Buffalo. Seem to recall he has some interest in the Sabres when he was a UFA. He only has one year left and could really add to PP and faceoffs. He game overall has really dropped and the Leafs have him down to the 3rd line but he definitely still has vet value.
Obvious benefit to the Leafs clearing 11 million cap space and recouping desperately needed draft picks.

Tavares

for

2024 - 2nd
2025 - 3rd (2nd) if he resigns

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Assuming Leafs get bounced in the first round and Tavares would waive to Buffalo. Seem to recall he has some interest in the Sabres when he was a UFA. He only has one year left and could really add to PP and faceoffs. He game overall has really dropped and the Leafs have him down to the 3rd line but he definitely still has vet value.
Obvious benefit to the Leafs clearing 11 million cap space and recouping desperately needed draft picks.

Tavares

for

2024 - 2nd
You mean to Buffalo with Toronto’s 2026 1st + 2nd round picks. He’s deeply negative value at his AAV.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

Tavares

for

2024 - 2nd

Sign me up. He's a boat anchor right now.

Done, no take backs

I’d do this if you took out the 2nd
Where is the retention?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
But I thought he was going to sign with Toronto for a discount when his contract expires?

I suspect he will. Really depends on next season and whether he wants to stay a Leaf. The fanbase may be done with him to some extent but I don't think the organization is.

If he's still looking for 7+, you have to think Toronto lets him walk though.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Tavares

for

2024 - 2nd

No need to do that to clear cap space, just put him on LTIR at the beginning of March and bring him back for the playoffs

The leafs can go out and pickup a defenseman and a 3rd line center at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad