Dreger: Tavares and Islanders discussing contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
When you point your finger at someone, you have three of your fingers pointing back at you. The "point" here is that we regularly do this ourselves all the time. To use another cliche, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

Stupid thumb... can’t commit one way, or another! :sarcasm:

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
I just have to chime in.

Lahey, you have too much time on your hands bud. You worked a little too hard in this thread to belittle NYI and their fans. That in itself delegitimizes your arguments.
Awh thanks for taking the time to do that pal. Really means a lot to me. Thanks for providing absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
I don't think you understand the purpose of a sports franchise. As much as winning is great, if you own the team, you want to make money. The Leafs have been ultra successful despite earning revenue in CDN dollars while
paying in USD and having very little on ice success for well over a decade.

Anyone who compares the Leafs to the Yankees are talking about the value of the franchise in comparison to the league and their impact on the league's success. No franchise in the NHL has as much impact as the Leafs do to the NHL's key business drivers.

Lumping them in with the Islanders, who is currently squatting is pretty hilarious.
This. It’s like every single isles fan didn’t understand the point lmfaooo

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This. It’s like every single isles fan didn’t understand the point lmfaooo

We didn't understand because your analogy was stupid. Yankees minus the winning, then you're not the Yankees. Duh!

If you compared the Leafs to the Knicks, then we would have understood because it actually applies. Big market, unlimited resources, long history of incompetence. Like the Leafs in Toronto, Knicks fans always sell out the building despite being a laughingstock. Unlike the Knicks, the Leafs have a bright future these days yet that doesn't change how the franchises mirror eachother.

Laugh all you want at us, we're ALL laughing at you.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs paid Phil Kessell to win two Stanley Cups for another team. And that was after they gave up Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton to get him.

A Maple Leaf fan making fun of another organization for mismanagement is ridiculous.
I don't know how many times this needs to be said. Toronto never actually traded Phil Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton. They traded 1st round picks that happened to become those players. The Boston Bruins are the only team who has actually traded Seguin and Hamilton.

Reactions: therealkoho

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
We didn't understand because your analogy was stupid. Yankees minus the winning, then you're not the Yankees. Duh!

If you compared the Leafs to the Knicks, then we would have understood because it actually applies. Big market, unlimited resources, long history of incompetence. Like the Leafs in Toronto, Knicks fans always sell out the building despite being a laughingstock. Unlike the Knicks, the Leafs have a bright future these days yet that doesn't change how the franchises mirror eachother.

Laugh all you want at us, we're ALL laughing at you.
Do the Knicks have the second most championships in the history of the league?
I don't know. I watch real sports.

Reactions: Lahey

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Cups when there were 6 teams dont count. How many real cups? I think you know the answer....
According to NHL.com, they do count.

Tying that into this thread, there is a much better opportunity elsewhere for Tavares to get a cup.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I don't know how many times this needs to be said. Toronto never actually traded Phil Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton. They traded 1st round picks that happened to become those players. The Boston Bruins are the only team who has actually traded Seguin and Hamilton.

So your point is that they traded 2 first round picks and spare parts for him, at a time they were not a playoff team, and got a first and spare parts for him, from a contender.... Yea, that sounds much better..

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Celebrating cups from before you were born in a six team league would be like the bills pretending their afl titles are on par with Super Bowl wins.

Reactions: periferal

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
yeah I mean he’s acting all high and mighty it appears like he thinks the islanders are a good team after finishing second last in their division and winning 35 games even with the seasons Tavares and Barzal had

Why are you writing about the Islanders all the time? You are just making a fool out of yourself. Go back to the TML board and write about the team you support instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce