Dreger: Tavares and Islanders discussing contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
a few peices? lmao,they need a num 1 d, they need a num 1 goalie, that other num 1 center is a rookie who could end up a winger, they need an arena, they need a coach. they are five years worth of smart hard work away which still wont net a num 1 D unless they draft him.
A couple of pieces= defender and goalie

Barzal moving to wing since when? The conjecture there is weak at best.

New arena is literally confirmed. As well as already having state of the art practice facilities.

The HC we are missing will be named within the coming weeks.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Probably because nothing in Islanders news is ever worth celebrating

Just so we're clear...

You just admitted you're a troll because the Islanders have been a poorly run team the last 15 years.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Instant

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Just so we're clear...

You just admitted you're a troll because the Islanders have been a poorly run team the last 15 years.

giphy.gif

This gif is creepy. I don’t like it and it’s doing a number on my “uncanny valley” tolerance.

With that said, yeah there is some highly misinformed posts in this thread relying on standard narratives about the Islanders that are seemingly no longer accurate.

Reactions: SteveH124

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I just have to chime in.

Lahey, you have too much time on your hands bud. You worked a little too hard in this thread to belittle NYI and their fans. That in itself delegitimizes your arguments.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't think you understand the purpose of a sports franchise. As much as winning is great, if you own the team, you want to make money. The Leafs have been ultra successful despite earning revenue in CDN dollars while
paying in USD and having very little on ice success for well over a decade.

Anyone who compares the Leafs to the Yankees are talking about the value of the franchise in comparison to the league and their impact on the league's success. No franchise in the NHL has as much impact as the Leafs do to the NHL's key business drivers.

Lumping them in with the Islanders, who is currently squatting is pretty hilarious.

You care mostly about how much ownership makes?

Okay.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There isn't really any significant difference between this and the Parise situation. Negotiating in June. Player saying he's open to staying earlier in the season.

Tavares could have decided to move on a year ago and never indicate otherwise until July 1st. It's much easier on him to not reveal anything.

People in this thread acting as he already re-signed because his agent is talking to Lamoriello are getting ahead of things.

Reactions: VainGretzky

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Good fit as in they’d be a really strong team but they already have 2 top6 centers. In Turris and Johanssen.

The blues need a #1 Center.

I would argue Nashville needs a #1 center then they can get rid of Turris and Johanssen makes the perfect #2 guy

Reactions: SI90

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
So is it cool to just openly bash franchises now and their fans, or only Toronto ones? Last like 5 pages is nothing but Leaf fan bashing.

When you point your finger at someone, you have three of your fingers pointing back at you. The "point" here is that we regularly do this ourselves all the time. To use another cliche, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad