Not open for further replies.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Will-Smith-Get-Out.gif

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Stop please. Tavares has been performing well this season. Some nights he may seem a bit pedestrian, but that's his style of play and when he goes off, he will be unstoppable. Be glad we got someone of this caliber to sign with us instead of Komisarek or Clarkson like player.

Reactions: DarkKnight

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I'm know I'm not going to be of the popular decision here, but I'm starting to think that the Tavares signing wasn't what was best for the team. He's a good player for sure but it just might not of been what we need. I'm of the opinion that I'd rather have Nylander and a decent defenseman signed instead of him. Granted it's early and he's been very unlucky but I'm not loving the way he skates and carries himself. He seems to think he's better than everyone else. Maybe I'm wrong but I just feel this way and I'm thinking Marner is twice the player he is but he acts like he's God's gift. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

This couldn't be further from the truth imo. Tavares is a real humble guy.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm know I'm not going to be of the popular decision here, but I'm starting to think that the Tavares signing wasn't what was best for the team. He's a good player for sure but it just might not of been what we need. I'm of the opinion that I'd rather have Nylander and a decent defenseman signed instead of him. Granted it's early and he's been very unlucky but I'm not loving the way he skates and carries himself. He seems to think he's better than everyone else. Maybe I'm wrong but I just feel this way and I'm thinking Marner is twice the player he is but he acts like he's God's gift. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Ok let's talk about this:

- No JT still wouldn't change Nylander demanding well over market value.....you don't overpay guys even if you have the cap space to do it.

- Sign what defencemen? If we assume Nylander gets market value around 6.5 million what quality defencemen could we sign or trade for that's earning 5.5 million or less (the difference between Nylander & JT cap hits).

- Teams don't just trade away top 4 or top pairing RHD......it's not about value.....they simply aren't available often. Easy to say just trade for a top 4 or top 2 RHD but very hard to do in reality.....if it was easy the Leafs would of signed or traded for one years ago. Top RHD very rarely get to FA and rarer still get traded.

- Leafs are addressing this need for RHD via drafting......now we just have to wait for prospects to develop.

- There is no carbon copy way to win the cup and even cup favorites only have 10-15% chance of winning typically or at best each year.

- Leafs strengths are offence via talented forwards and couple good puck moving D........so roll with that overwhelming offence and try to minimize quality chances against best we can & when we can't then it's up to Andersen to stop them.

- Getting JT for free and paying him a bit more then he's worth based on actual production is well worth it (IMO)....consider you get him for free.

Last edited:

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I hate this fan base more and more everyday.

I knew these threads were gonna happen at some point but one month is sooner than expected. How do you complain about the guy that’s over ppg. Thank god we have Tavares right now or Kadri and Lindholm would be your 1/2 punch at centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad