Tatar with a Gordie Howe hat trick

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
I think you're dead wrong.
guys like Cleary ARE a liability on scoring lines. I can deal with Cleary as the netfront guy on a 2nd PP unit.

But he's a play killer at 5-on-5.

If Abdelkader is suspended -- here's the line up I want for game 3 (with no Tatar, because I don't think this team is going to call him up, though they should.

Bertuzzi Datsyuk Brunner --
Nyquist Zetterberg Samuelsson
Filppula Franzen Cleary
Eaves Emmerton Tootoo

If Bert can't handle it --- Bump Cleary up to line one and Bert to line 3. or 4

Was heading out the door before so didn't have time to add this thought:

One thing I would like to see if TooToo is in the line-up is some spot shifts up the line-up somewhere.

If you don't trust him enough for a regular 2nd or 3rd line...why not get him out there with 1st or 2nd line (and best defensive pairing) to give some some of the other teams' top guys something to think about every once in awhile.

Maybe its once a period, maybe its back to back.

If he is only going to get a chance to hit other 4th liners and 5/6 D-men for 7 minutes, I am not sure I would not rather have another pk or faceoff guy.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005

1:25

Not much of a fight, but whatever, it takes some guts to drop them against anybody. Tatar actually has half a dozen fights on his card with the Griffs over the last few years, but he's strictly a flyweight fighter. If he ever went up against someone who could actually throw, he'd get busted up.

Aug 6, 2012
Almqvist has impressed me every time I watch him. If only he could improve his skating, he could be a tremendous player. Great shot and even better offensive instincts.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Almqvist has impressed me every time I watch him. If only he could improve his skating, he could be a tremendous player. Great shot and even better offensive instincts.

Don't think the positives will outweigh the negatives/shortcomings with him. Would love to be wrong though. Would get killed in his own end by NHL forwards on the forecheck IMO.

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI

Not much of a fight, but whatever, it takes some guts to drop them against anybody. Tatar actually has half a dozen fights on his card with the Griffs over the last few years, but he's strictly a flyweight fighter. If he ever went up against someone who could actually throw, he'd get busted up.

Is attendance always that bad in GR? Place looked empty.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I don't get to see the Griffs very often. When do you guys think Sheahan will be ready. Dude has some good bulk to him

RedWingsNow*

I don't get to see the Griffs very often. When do you guys think Sheahan will be ready. Dude has some good bulk to him

He had a good 2nd and 3rd quarter this season. But his 4th quarter and playoffs haven't been good.

His size ensures he'll get a look soon.
My guess is that if Babcock is still coach, he'll give Sheahan every opportunity to make the team

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Figured this would turn into a he should be on the team thread and he should be.

But just so you know the AHL reviews all scoring plays. He didn't touch the puck on the rebound it was spiked away by an Aeros player then Pare scored. It was a generous home scorer so he is likely to lose the Gordie Howe hat trick because they will in all likelihood rescind his assist from last nights game.

Still shown as 2g+1A for Tomas on the AHL website. http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011049

Same date and time as a Red Wings playoff game, IMO that's why the attendance was so bad.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Still shown as 2g+1A for Tomas on the AHL website. http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011049

Same date and time as a Red Wings playoff game, IMO that's why the attendance was so bad.

If it comes down it will come down later today. I hope he keeps it, good for the ole stat line. But he didn't touch the puck out front the defender swept it away as they both were going for it and then Pare came in a slammed it home. It did the first time around look like Tatar swept it back of the goalie pads and then Pare picked up the rebound that just isn't how it happened. But good for him three points is a big deal, he hasn't been playing with the most confidence and we will need him to play like the player he was in game five to beat the Marlies.

griffs

Sep 17, 2012
Grand Rapids, Mi

It was that night. The game 5 crowd was pathetic and was the lowest of the series. I am not sure why it was so bad but I would bet it was a combination of Wings on TV, only 24 hours to promote game, and the nice weather.

So far the playoff attendance is about 1/2 that of regular season. I think that is because group sales which they rely heavily upon is almost nonexistent in the playoffs.

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada

Is it just me or does the coach sound a little like Babs? but you know, minus the "real good" thing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is it just me or does the coach sound a little like Babs? but you know, minus the "real good" thing.

No he says that too, albeit not as much as Babs. They sound a lot a like, he took a bunch of things from Babs during his year in Detroit including his accent and coach speak. He didn't sound as much like he does now when he was at Western or in the interview I saw him do about his Indianapolis Ice prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad