May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
1688433767029.png

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I mean… if we wanna go all in, this is the team as it stands today without any of the other irons in the fire becoming anything:

Tarasenko - Aho - Jarvis
Svech - KK - Necas
Bunting - Drury - TT
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Noesen

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - Chatfield
TDA

Like… idk guys. That’s a President’s Trophy type of roster.

(Mix around the lines as you wish, I know Tarasenko’s typically an off-side RW but idk if that’s Rod’s preference. Someone will have to do it though.)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean… if we wanna go all in, this is the team as it stands today without any of the other irons in the fire becoming anything:

Tarasenko - Aho - Jarvis
Svech - KK - Necas
Bunting - Drury - TT
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Noesen

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - Chatfield
TDA

(Mix around the lines as you wish, I know Tarasenko’s typically an off-side RW but idk if that’s Rod’s preference. Someone will have to do it though.)
Christ this team is probably the most stacked that the franchise has ever been, going back to the WHA days.

What a f***in time to be alive

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Tarasenko - Aho - Jarvis
Svech - KK - Necas
Bunting - Drury - TT
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Noesen

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - Chatfield
TDA

Don’t see how that is under the cap though…

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Depends on the cap hit. With TDA I had us at 1.7 left in cap still.

We move out either of Pesce or Skjei we can fit him easy.

It’s a little confusing because CapFriendly refuses to send Rees, Suzuki, and Pono down. Those 3 combined make $2.5m.

Could be a case of getting compliant on Day 1 by temporarily sending Drury down, sending all the kids down, etc., then LTIRing Svech.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Depends on the cap hit. With TDA I had us at 1.7 left in cap still.

We move out either of Pesce or Skjei we can fit him easy.
To your 2nd statement yes, obviously. Post I was replying to had both those guys. Would love to keep the roster as is and not move either of them while still adding TDA, Orlov and Tank. Just don’t see how that can work though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I’ll wait until I see our final roster, but I’m surprised this is the route we’ve decided to take. For a good month or so, all the talk from the organization was about having the roster to simply “run it back.”

Now we’re supposedly adding at least two Top 6 forwards and could be reworking our entire 2nd pairing.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Svech-Aho-Necas
Bunting-KK-Tarasenko
Turbo-Staal-Jarvis
Marty-Drury-Fast

Would be interesting.

But we could go with familiarity
Turbo-Aho-Jarvis
Svech-KK-Necas
Bunting-Staal-Tarasenko (this line may score regularly now)

I see it looking like this:

Tarasenko-Aho-Jarvis
Svech-KK-Necas
Bunting-Staal-Teravainen
Martinook-Drury-Fast

Maybe Turbo gets dealt, but simultaneously he is valuable enough defensively that the Canes may want to keep him, at least this year.

I’ll wait until I see our final roster, but I’m surprised this is the route we’ve decided to take. For a good month or so, all the talk from the organization was about having the roster to simply “run it back.”

Now we’re supposedly adding at least two Top 6 forwards and could be reworking our entire 2nd pairing.

Reworking the second pairing made sense with the pending expirings. Canes wanted scoring for a while but they had some bad luck with Marchment spurning them and Pacioretty getting hurt twice. I kind of saw both happening after they still made the ECF after all that shit. The team, at its core, is still one of the league's best without the added help, but man, with the added help? What could they be?

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Does this dude even backcheck.
We need a scorer.

TT - Aho - Jarvis
Bunting - KK - Tank
Svech - Drury - Necas
Marty - Staal - Fast

We could see TT moved out in a deal for Lindholm:

Svech - Aho - Jarvis