Injury Report: Tarasenko out for 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

illninofan*

Yes, it was early in the season but he did it against a healthy Hawks squad and it reminds me of what he will bring when he gets back.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I would much, much rather see Minn in the first round than Dallas. Dallas has seemed like they have had our number this year and I think they have more firepower with Benn and Seguin, as well as a better goalie in Lehtonen.

Logic tells me the same thing (Dallas is more dangerous). But I see them as a team that is approaching mental exhaustion. The Peverly thing, and the playoff hunt....they strike me as a team that is going to run out of gas when they hit the post-season.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Logic tells me the same thing (Dallas is more dangerous). But I see them as a team that is approaching mental exhaustion. The Peverly thing, and the playoff hunt....they strike me as a team that is going to run out of gas when they hit the post-season.

This is how I see it, they'll be spent as the playoffs begin, they'll be reaching their finish line, of course they won't know this until they're in a series and things start going south, they should quit at some point.

I feel that should apply to any team that fights their way into the tournament, so I'm not worried about the first round because I believe the only team that can beat The Blues is The Blues.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Hey fellas, any idea if Tarasenko will be back by your game against the Wild this week?

What do you expect the lines to be with or without him?

Obviously a lot can change between now and then but any educated guess would help me out. Thanks!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hey fellas, any idea if Tarasenko will be back by your game against the Wild this week?

Obviously a lot can change between now and then but any educated guess would help me out. Thanks!
No he won't be close to returning at all for that game.

Lines are pretty much a crap shoot right now.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri

Not a chance. It's looking like second round of the playoffs (maybe games 5/6/or 7 of the first round if need be)

With the way the Blues are playing I expect lines to be blown up this week.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Frank please come back to us!

I think he'll be back sooner than everyone is saying, if he is already participating in drills then that is realllly promising. A 90% Tank is better than no Tank.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
Frank please come back to us!

I think he'll be back sooner than everyone is saying, if he is already participating in drills then that is realllly promising. A 90% Tank is better than no Tank.

I'm sure I've just missed it, but are the drills skating related or actual stick in hand? I figured he would be doing some conditioning drills pretty much out of the gate, but if he has a stick in his hands that is definitely a good sign.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
I know this thread is for Tarasenko and not Backes, so pardon me.

Do you guys think it's safe to say Backes will be shut down for the rest of the regular season? I heard he's in a walking boot. I realize there's not too much info out there are the moment. Hitch commented but wasn't 100% clear. I have him in fantasy but I'd assume the smart thing to do from the Blues' perspective is to keep him scratched to avoid making a minor injury worse right before the post season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yes, Backes is done for the rest of the regular season and they said he should be good for the playoffs or at least good enough to play through.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yes, Backes is done for the rest of the regular season and they said he should be good for the playoffs or at least good enough to play through.
AKA If it were the beginning of the regular season we wouldn't be pushing it with him, but since we have no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs without him, he's going to play. Even if he's not close to 100 percent.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
AKA If it were the beginning of the regular season we wouldn't be pushing it with him, but since we have no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs without him, he's going to play. Even if he's not close to 100 percent.

That's what I think it's going to happen.

It's "all in" this year. All hands on deck. Some of these guys being back doesn't mean they'll be effective.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Within the first few games, we could see:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Morrow-Roy-Paajarvi
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves

Not bad.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Within the first few games, we could see:

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Morrow-Roy-Paajarvi
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves

Not bad.

We can do some work with this lineup. Getting more excited because you know Miller's getting ready and the team as a whole is psyched to move forward.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
Game 1 may be a stretch. It's a personal struggle for me, on one hand I feel like the psychological lift would be huge with him being back at the start of the series. That being said, it would be just as demoralizing to see him push it and go out in game one only for him to get re-injured. Lets be real here, this isn't your friendly neighborhood ping pong game, the Hawks will absolutely hit, slash, and try to go after that hand.

Start drinking that whole milk and your Wheaties Frank!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I want the video of doctors trying to hold Tarasenko back. I'm sure he'd either laugh or get pissed and ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad