Injury Report: Tarasenko out for 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
Wow that sucks. He was one fire. Looked like he was going to get near 30 goals this year.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Oh yeah. As a Blues fan in the late 90's and early 00's, I remember this. The late March-April injuries that trash your post season chances.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That really blows. I knew something was up yesterday. He wasn't even attempting to get engaged in the corners or stir stuff up like he usually does.

6 weeks is not the worst time frame, though. We are about 6 weeks from the start of the playoffs. Could be rested and ready to dominate.

EDIT: Counted wrong. 6 weeks will likely be the end of the first round.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
That sucks, but, hopefully the Blues won't need him in the first round and he'll be back before or during the second round. Maybe an opportunity will get Jaskin or Paajarvi going offensively, too.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
steve-carrell-office.gif

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
Holding on to win the division is even more vital now. Draw a relatively easy first round matchup and hope he heals up in time for the inevitable Chicago series. His role as a secondary scorer is crucial for our cup chances. This better not linger longer past the six week time frame or else we're screwed.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
This is really bad, he's going to miss at least the first round of the playoffs. Ugh, such bad luck for Tarasenko, he was on a roll lately.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Was is it that ****ing play with like 10 seconds left in he game?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Oh god I fully expect our fanbase to throw in the towel that it's Russian Jesus that went down.

Dmitrij Jaskin and Derek Roy, come on down!!!

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Was is it that ****ing play with like 10 seconds left in he game?

They don't know when it happened, which probably means he had discomfort in his hand earlier in the game.

If we are going to give his spot to Jaškin, then I hope he gets at least the next 6 games before we think of something else. Same goes if Hitch decides to put Pääjärvi in. We need to try and get some chemistry on the line in the short term.

Oh god I fully expect our fanbase to throw in the towel that it's Russian Jesus that went down.

Dmitrij Jaskin and Derek Roy, come on down!!!

Well at least we have another Siberian ready to step into the team :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
They don't know when it happened, which probably means he had discomfort in his hand earlier in the game:

I see. Well, this day and age, anything is better than the "C" word.

At least there is a timetable and he'll be back.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I think Jaskin will get a real shot which will be interesting. If he can't do it, maybe Paajarvi. But I do think this may force Roy into the lineup to get another offensive player in there.

I don't know. We should win the first round without him anyway. We will probably need him for the 2nd, which he may or may not be ready for. But let's just get to that point and see. Not going to worry yet.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Silver Lining:

Tarasenko was really ineffective towards the end of last season. Six weeks off now should leave him refreshed and ready for Rounds 2-4 of the playoffs. The Blues should easily handle Dallas/Minnesota in Rd. 1, regardless of whether Tarasenko plays or not.

#couldbeworse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad