Injury Report: Tarasenko out for 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Oshie out today is REALLY bad news. That means that he still has at least moderate concussion-like symptoms, or they wouldn't be so cautious. That means that he might miss several more games.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I'm glad Rupp at least got suspended, but that was a pretty awful hit. I know the league won't be happy about thugs knocking star players out for the league's showcase event (the post-season), and especially Oshie who was probably the biggest hockey story from the Olympics concerning the USA media markets.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Oshie out today is REALLY bad news. That means that he still has at least moderate concussion-like symptoms, or they wouldn't be so cautious. That means that he might miss several more games.
He skated so I think that rules out the possibility of having having bad symptoms.

There's no point to throw him into the fire in what could be a crazy playoff game and risk it getting worse. I think they are just going to give him the extra two days rest to make sure he still feels good and I think there's a solid chance we see him in game 2 or 3. If he's skating I'll be surprised if it's longer than that.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
He skated so I think that rules out the possibility of having having bad symptoms.

There's no point to throw him into the fire in what could be a crazy playoff game and risk it getting worse. I think they are just going to give him the extra two days rest to make sure he still feels good and I think there's a solid chance we see him in game 2 or 3. If he's skating I'll be surprised if it's longer than that.

Blues beat writer Jeremy Rutherford's comment at the beginning of yesterday's Blues chat :

For those catching up with the news, Oshie was on the ice this morning, but will not play tonight. I'm not sure what to read into it, but because he was on the ice again today, I don't know that I would view it as a setback. He skated Tuesday and took yesterday off. I will stand by my earlier report that I don't believe it's a concussion, unless something has changed. If he did have a concussion, I don't think he would even be skating. I think he's dealing with some soreness and the Blues are opting to be cautious with him.

Back to the topic, Tarasenko was one of the best, if not the best, forward on the ice last night for the Blues! Great to have Frank back!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think we can let this thread slowly drift into oblivion. Glad to have Frank back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad