Confirmed with Link: Tanner Pearson and 3rd (2025) Traded to Montreal for Casey DeSmith

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
so you're throwing in the towel on Ylonen?
I mean depends on what he does in camp but if he doesn't beat out anyone I rather keep Kovacevic/Lindstrom on roster. Generally, RD more valuable than tweener wingers. Wouldn't be surprised if he clears.

Reactions: 26Mats

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Been here for years also..............a lot of great posters still here, and many have gone........
Seems it's more challenging these days to have discussions, , god forbid opinions differ with certain posters...
Oh I don't know... The ludicrous ~20+ (1000 post/per thread) of pure DD hate threads did take quite a bit of breathable air from this forum for well over a year. Not even enough air to complain about management or our lovely coach at the time ;) All I can say is that we are at least discussing multiple things here these days :)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Oh I don't know... The ludicrous ~20+ (1000 post/per thread) of pure DD hate threads did take quite a bit of breathable air from this forum for well over a year. Not even enough air to complain about management or our lovely coach at the time ;) All I can say is that we are at least discussing multiple things here these days :)
No one ever hated DD...........no one.
Everyone hated his usage.....t was beyond stupid, but that was on the coach who struggled with cutting his own toenails.....bizzarre times back then....

Reactions: Rapala

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Hit rate is lower but a 3rd rounder is still a top100 prospect. Both the Habs and Nucks hit many times in the past most recently Edler and Plekanec. Key players in the 2010s.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I know with Dvorak out, there's a spot for Pearson, but what are the odds Hughes' acquisition of Pearson and the pick are to move Armia. He's accumulated enough picks to potentially sweeten an Armia deal, and Pearson is a UFA-to-be so habs have that vet presence for the year that they can then deal at deadline

Everyone hated his usage.....t was beyond stupid, but that was on the coach who struggled with cutting his own toenails.....bizzarre times back then....
^ this ^ I also think the DD hate was how he was miscast by a coach who played favourites and a GM who had no clue how to build down the middle

Reactions: BLONG7

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think this guy is going to help solidify our 4th line. Once Dvorak gets back I'd feel much more comfortable playing Evans between Pearson/Pezz-Armia than any combo he played with on that 4th line last season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I know with Dvorak out, there's a spot for Pearson, but what are the odds Hughes' acquisition of Pearson and the pick are to move Armia. He's accumulated enough picks to potentially sweeten an Armia deal, and Pearson is a UFA-to-be so habs have that vet presence for the year that they can then deal at deadline

^ this ^ I also think the DD hate was how he was miscast by a coach who played favourites and a GM who had no clue how to build down the middle
Only place I see Hughes being able to move Armia to is Laval. But I don't think that will happen.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Tanner say anything positive in his presser today?

That he’s at about 90% on his wrist (which is different than Hughes 80% yesterday).

Mixed feelings because he was close to the guys in the room but happy to get a new start.

Knows some of the guys on the team, played with Gallagher at the WJC and was his roommate, skated with Suzuki and Anderson before. Also knows Monahan.

Excited to get back at it and happy to come in at the beginning of camp so he can know the guys and the system.

Refused to answer any questions about the circumstances revolving around his wrist injury and Canucks management.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Not a change in hell Ylo makes it through waivers. Interesting what the plan is here. I could see Armia for futures maybe some retain but he’s the guy I see going down at this point unless Slaf starts in the A. If not it’s an Armia wave I can only imagine. I’m not convinced the moves are done at this point anyways, and won’t be long until atleast one injury hits I will say that

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Start the conspiracy theories! He was good to go playing hockey and now he needs more time. Aggravated the injury? Surely he had the green light to participate or is this another Malakov skiing situation.
I think this is the no reasons to rush a guy back, and if it helps the cap situation off the get go then hey no big deal...........there is a surplus of bodies, that's for sure.
I still think Dvo could be dealt early in the season as soon as they get the green light on his injury.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hit rate is lower but a 3rd rounder is still a top100 prospect. Both the Habs and Nucks hit many times in the past most recently Edler and Plekanec. Key players in the 2010s.
The draft story around Edler is that Vancouver caught wind that Detroit was very interested in him, so Vancouver took him.

Detroit would then draft Johan Franzen, so they still got a pretty damn good player

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
LOL
I was thinking the same thing. They simply had to demote him. :laugh: This will never change. The only difference between DD and say Drouin was Desharnais had this annoying habit of staying healthy. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BLONG7

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I have no idea what you are so excited about there,

Cause all I see is a bunch of nothing,

Why are we collecting more useless forwards?

The team is full of them

Quantity means nothing without any quality
We dumped played we didnt need to get assets that can be used to fill future needs either through drafting or trades.

All those picks>Hoffman & Pitlick. Folks wanted to buy out Hoffman and waive him, instead we got picks. So it's a win.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So we traded Hoffman and Pitlick for:

2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
Tanner Pearson
Nathan Legare
Gustav Lindstrom
% of Petry contract

Very nice !

I have no idea what you are so excited about there,

Cause all I see is a bunch of nothing,

Why are we collecting more useless forwards?

The team is full of them

Quantity means nothing without any quality
Retaining on Petry for an extra year is the real negative. So far getting the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are real positives. I'd make that trade by itself. It's a win.

Retaining on Petry this year plus getting Pearson's contract in exchange for losing Hoffman is at worst a wash. If Pearson plays well we win that aspect. The key will be not to let Pearson take away from the young forwards' development.

Then if Legare or Lindstrom play well we win even more.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It's not a win unless what you receive in return helps to improve the team,

Nothing in that list makes the team any better,

Quantity means nothing

All these trade "wins" mean nothing when the team is at the bottom of the league
so if the habs trade a 7th for Mcdavid and the habs never improve, it's not a win or a good trade?

Reactions: Miller Time

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Great I guess,

But the picks will likely turn into nothing, so it isn't anything to get excited about

I will only answer that question after it happens
Hutson and Beck were recent 2nd round picks. Plus we used another 2nd to put together a package to get Newhook.

Engstrom, Fowler, and Harris were recent 3rd round picks.

Trudeau and Sean Farrell were recent 4th round picks.

The more picks we get, the more darts we have to either get a piece of the future in the draft or via trade.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Roberto777 wants to trade all the picks for immediate help but we have 20m in dead cap for 3 more years

Welcome to hockey's future mate

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
All those players are a bunch of nothing,

They will ensure the team stays at the bottom of the league
Hutson and Engstrom are a bunch of nothing? Let alone the entire list. Interesting take.

At the end of the day, we'll have to revisit in 5 to 10 years.

But I've never met anyone in hockey who thought getting free 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks wasn't a good thing.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
All those players are a bunch of nothing,

They will ensure the team stays at the bottom of the league
So the team should do nothing? Im not even sure what it is you are whining about.

Are you saying it was better to just keep hoffman and not acquire any additional, more valuable assets?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad