Youtube: Tanner Jeannot vs Ryan Reaves

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
In the end Lucic would've been better off avoiding Orr as well. Got his nose rearranged, then hid behind the linesman.
I mean, I guess? If he fought and lost people would call Lucic a p***y. If he avoided him, people would call him a p***y.

Wasn’t much to win.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ivanans, Erskine, Carkner, Brookbank, Vandermeer, Boulton, Gazdic, Neil, Rechlicz, Engelland and Rosehill are all heavyweights Lucic fought, several of them multiple times.

Of those guys, Neil, Engelland and Rosehill are the ones I would probably say are consistently tough pugilists. Erkine was a strong guy versus an enforcer but would NOT want to eat a punch from him.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Of those guys, Neil, Engelland and Rosehill are the ones I would probably say are consistently tough pugilists. Erkine was a strong guy versus an enforcer but would NOT want to eat a punch from him.
I'm sorry but you have no clue what you're talking about. All 11 of those guys were legitimate heavyweight fighters who fought other heavyweights regularly. How you can list Neil as a consistently tough pugilist but not Boulton or the others is just bizarre. Engelland probably fought the least of the guys I listed other than maybe Gazdic. And Erskine was most definitely an enforcer.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm sorry but you have no clue what you're talking about. All 11 of those guys were legitimate heavyweight fighters who fought other heavyweights regularly. How you can list Neil as a consistently tough pugilist but not Boulton or the others is just bizarre. Engelland probably fought the least of the guys I listed other than maybe Gazdic. And Erskine was most definitely an enforcer.

Carkner and Ivanans were punching bags for the actual good fighters.

Anyways, I don't care enough to debate this much more, it's about some goon shit that's in the history books and isn't going to change my life.

You win the internet debate.

Reactions: Bedards Dad

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
I know everyone you are talking about but who is erksine?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Anyways, I don't care enough to debate this much more, it's about some goon shit that's in the history books and isn't going to change my life.

You win the internet debate.
You don't need to get all defensive and pouty just because you were blatantly wrong. Carkner has wins over Boogaard, Godard amongst others and Ivanans beat McGratten, Shelley amongst others but yeah just punching bags.

Reactions: The Expert

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Your memory is failing you big time here. All you have to do is look at Carkner's fight card to see he was top-5 when he played.

I know everyone you are talking about but who is erksine?
Crazy tough defenseman. He didn't fight as often as some of the others but he was one of the hardest punchers in the league.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I mean, I guess? If he fought and lost people would call Lucic a p***y. If he avoided him, people would call him a p***y.

Wasn’t much to win.
Fought him and avoided him all in one fight. Was impressive.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Funny how Brandon Bollig could always handle Reaves, and now Reaves has been a bully in the league for a while now. Back in the day when the league had enforcers he was in the middle of the pack.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Fought him and avoided him all in one fight. Was impressive.
His nose was broken and the linesmen were stepping in to break it up anyhow. How about all the other heavyweights he fought and in several cases beat?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
His nose was broken and the linesmen were stepping in to break it up anyhow.
Partial truths. His nose was definitely broken, but Lucic scurried behind the linesman while Orr wanted to continue.

Video is clear as day.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Partial truths. His nose was definitely broken, but Lucic scurried behind the linesman while Orr wanted to continue.

Video is clear as day.
He was backing away from Orr and the linesman stepped in between but what is your point anyhow? Guys stopping fighting because their injured happens and 99% of the league wouldn't have the balls to fight Orr in the first place. Are you trying to call Lucic soft here? Have you ever even been in a fight?

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I think the only time I remember Lucic fighting like a real heavyweight was Orr and he got destroyed. My memory is shit though so I accept I might be misremembering.

A lot of the guys now like MacDermid, Reaves etc would be pretty average in the mid 90s, early 2000s right? Brashear, Laraque, Orr etc...would they look exceptional against them?

Reaves I feel in his prime was a better fighter than Lucic but Lucic was an actual player, and a real good top 6 forward for a decent amount of time.
Reaves is top tier today but he would be a low end heavyweight in any other era. Dudes like Boogaard, Orr or Big Mac were on a whole other level. He’s the top now but when he first came into the league, he was not. Those dudes couldn’t play though where Reaves is a serviceable 4th liner.

You need to be able to play now. Laraque was different as was Brashear and Simon, to a degree because at least at some point in their careers, they could play enough to be in an NHL lineup. The true heavyweight enforcers generally could not though despite a few anomalies. They sacrifice some toughness now for a guy who can play a regular shift.

He was backing away from Orr and the linesman stepped in between but what is your point anyhow? Guys stopping fighting because they’re injured happens and 99% of the league wouldn't have the balls to fight Orr in the first place. Are you trying to call Lucic soft here? Have you ever even been in a fight?
“I would have fought to the death. Pathetic. What a useless quitter” I thought to myself as I ate mozzarella sticks and drank beer on the couch watching Lucic get busted up by Orr.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I love how people always dog Lucic for going toe to toe with one of the hardest punchers of the last 20 years and getting his nose busted. Like yeah, what an absolute p***y.

That was probably Lucic's last true loss, which was... checks it... 14 years ago.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I love how people always dog Lucic for going toe to toe with one of the hardest punchers of the last 20 years and getting his nose busted. Like yeah, what an absolute p***y.

That was probably Lucic's last true loss, which was... checks it... 14 years ago.
To be fair, the only people who dog him for that are complete clowns.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad