Youtube: Tanner Jeannot vs Ryan Reaves

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I couldn't believe Jeannot had his arms down like that when Reaves initially grabbed him. Dude was just asking to be knocked out. Luckily his helmet saved him twice.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know Reaves won the fight, but he has clearly lost something.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Jeannot didn't return to the game last night after the fight, and not playing tonight either.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Jeannot is a good technical fighter but it looked like he got taken out by Reaves brute force. Great showing by Reaves. Probably the best fight I've seen from him this season.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don’t think he ever surpassed Lucic, though.

I think the only time I remember Lucic fighting like a real heavyweight was Orr and he got destroyed. My memory is shit though so I accept I might be misremembering.

A lot of the guys now like MacDermid, Reaves etc would be pretty average in the mid 90s, early 2000s right? Brashear, Laraque, Orr etc...would they look exceptional against them?

Reaves I feel in his prime was a better fighter than Lucic but Lucic was an actual player, and a real good top 6 forward for a decent amount of time.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think the only time I remember Lucic fighting like a real heavyweight was Orr and he got destroyed. My memory is shit though so I accept I might be misremembering.

A lot of the guys now like MacDermid, Reaves etc would be pretty average in the mid 90s, early 2000s right? Brashear, Laraque, Orr etc...would they look exceptional against them?

Reaves I feel in his prime was a better fighter than Lucic but Lucic was an actual player, and a real good top 6 forward for a decent amount of time.
Lucic flatlined MacDermid.

What was Reaves prime, though? Who did he beat?

Reaves is a great fighter, but Colton Orr who’s probably the hardest puncher of this century, Lucic fought and Reaves didn’t.

I can’t say much about who would have beat who in the 90’s - one thing I know, is the fact that they could lose their jerseys really quick. Rob Ray wouldn’t fight until his jersey came off.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Reaves always was overrated, I remember how Kulda has beaten him in AHL and Kulda was not an enforcer

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Ivanans, Erskine, Carkner, Brookbank, Vandermeer, Boulton, Gazdic, Neil, Rechlicz, Engelland and Rosehill are all heavyweights Lucic fought, several of them multiple times.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Reaves is a great fighter, but Colton Orr who’s probably the hardest puncher of this century, Lucic fought and Reaves didn’t.
In the end Lucic would've been better off avoiding Orr as well. Got his nose rearranged, then hid behind the linesman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad