Player Discussion Tanner Glass

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The worst NHL skate sharpener is still a pretty good skate sharpener in this solar system.

Are the Rangers currently suffering from boor blade performance, are they dull, chipped or not seated correctly? Are players blowing a tire every game because of poor skate blade sharpening?

If not then I fail to see the problem or correlation to Tanner Glass.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Are the Rangers currently suffering from boor blade performance, are they dull, chipped or not seated correctly? Are players blowing a tire every game because of poor skate blade sharpening?

If not then I fail to see the problem or correlation to Tanner Glass.

So even an underperforming skate sharpener would have a greater impact on team performance than a team player who eats a few minutes a game and is only dressed for half a season?

And if so, why isn't the equipment staff mentioned in 50% of the typed grunting in the GDT?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Why would several NHL teams employ a horrific skate sharpener for almost 10 years though?
Maybe they have outdated ideas about how skate sharpening should be performed? I don't know. It doesn't take a consensus among NHL teams for a skate sharpener to have a job. It only takes one.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Emerson Etem played less than 200 minutes for the Rangers last season, and people are still railing on him? You really think his play made a material difference on the Rangers last season? What games did he cost them?

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Why would several NHL teams employ a horrific skate sharpener for almost 10 years though?

Maybe said skate sharpener had incriminating evidence on someone in the organization and used it as blackmail.

Maybe this someone in the organization brought said skate sharpener over from his last organization to help said skate sharpener continue to make money.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Maybe said skate sharpener had incriminating evidence on someone in the organization and used it as blackmail.

Maybe this someone in the organization brought said skate sharpener over from his last organization to help said skate sharpener continue to make money.

So either this skate sharpener is a devious, diabolical mastermind of manipulation, or he fits his role just well enough, and he's a fun guy to be around.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
The only argument for Glass at this point is that, since he gets the least amount of ice time on the team, him being the worst player in the entire NHL isn't really a problem.

To willfully deny the negative impact he has on his line mates, and the 4th line in general, is borderline trolling at this point.

Contenders in this league have a 4th line that eats minutes against tough competition and takes heavy defensive zone starts. You know, the kind of 4th line the Rangers used to have before Glass came along.

I mean, it's statistically proven that he is one of the worst, if not the worst, player in the NHL that receives regular ice time. He has a massively negative impact on goal and shot metrics, so much so that you can't call it an aberration.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Well contracts don't get negotiated by a GM talking to thin air.
Blaming Glass for accepting a bad contract is silly, IMO. He's not at fault for any of this. It's the GMs responsibility to look after the team's cap situation, not his. It's the coach's responsibility to make sure the best lineup is being sent out, not his.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You saying TG is less of a problem than Rick Nash, is an opinion.

TG being a big detriment to this team, is a fact.

Perhaps in your very tunnel vision view of the world. But they both seem to be opinions to me. In fact the world would define both as opinions, not just me.

Unless you can somehow quantify to me how Glass playing on the 4th line is a bigger detriment than Nash not scoring goals.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Unless you can somehow quantify to me

Yeah let me just cure cancer and figure out free energy while we're at it.

No matter how much data would be presented about the negative impact of Tanner Glass and the positive impact of Nash regardless of goals scored or not scored, you would still find a way to disagree with some convoluted viewpoint.

Material impact tho.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Unless you can somehow quantify to me how Glass playing on the 4th line is a bigger detriment than Nash not scoring goals.

I'm pretty sure, that most of the adv. stats have been already posted here. The eye-test certainly quantifies it too. I don't understand your shtick. After pages of disapproval, one might think you'd give in ...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad