Player Discussion Tanner Glass

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
The fourth line is very good with glass on it. It provides a different look compared to the other lines. It has speed grit and some heavy hitting. Lindberg doesn't have the nose for heavy hits like glass.

Glass is by no means offensively good. He's meh defensively but clearly the players like it when he's in the Lineup.

A lot of people won't understand that. Kind of what Burns said about Scott during his interview in the Allstar game. Players like having those certain type of players who watch their backs.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
If they are down a goal in the third, I don't think you'd see much of Glass or Lindberg, in the playoffs.

The coach said it today...Lindberg doesn't play on the PK or the PP. And it seems you are arguing the wrong guy...it's more Fast over Lindberg then Glass.

I have a bigger problem also with the use of Dan Boyle this year.

I guess I'm wrong and everyone else is right but I don't think Tanner Glass has been bad for them since his return.

If we're down a goal, thats fine. You shorten your bench. But in the event of an injury mid-game, Lindberg is a swiss army knife.

I trust OL more on the PK than I do Glass.

I agree on the Boyle point, AV said in Oct they would be monitoring his games, and they never did. AV doesn't trust McIllrath whatsoever. The only reason he's playing right now is b/c Diaz isn't healthy.

And again, it isn't about Glass being that bad, hes been what he is. Its about a better more valuable player sitting for him.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
The fourth line is very good with glass on it. It provides a different look compared to the other lines. It has speed grit and some heavy hitting. Lindberg doesn't have the nose for heavy hits like glass.

Glass is by no means offensively good. He's meh defensively but clearly the players like it when he's in the Lineup.

A lot of people won't understand that. Kind of what Burns said about Scott during his interview in the Allstar game. Players like having those certain type of players who watch their backs.

Good point. Again, I think the argument isn't Glass/Lindberg but Fast/Lindberg.

*Bob Richards*

If Tanner Glass needs to draw upon John Scott for validation....

Jun 25, 2013
If Tanner Glass needs to draw upon John Scott for validation....

:facepalm: not the point.

Now the argument could be made less for our team since we got guys like Miller kreider Staals. Players who don't take **** from no one. But there are players who can't or won't stand up for themselves. Also if something happens it's better to have a player like Glass to answer the bell instead of a better more important player like Miller kreider The Staals.

*Bob Richards*

You can insert any enforcers name there. Joey Kocur was one of the most popular players in the locker in New York and Detroit. Guys loved having him on the team.

You realize that your defense of Glass is literally banking upon the fact that he's well liked.

That's not good reasoning for him being in the lineup.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

Now the argument could be made less for our team since we got guys like Miller kreider Staals. Players who don't take **** from no one. But there are players who can't or won't stand up for themselves. Also if something happens it's better to have a player like Glass to answer the bell instead of a better more important player like Miller kreider The Staals.

Glass to "answer the bell" with his 6-8 minutes of ice time in the playoffs? There is a guy on this roster who can fill that role with regularity, his name is Dylan McIllrath.

You're making it sound like Glass is on the level of a Simmonds or Lucic.

*Bob Richards*

Actually that does seem to be your point. You're comparing Glass to literally one of the worst players in the league. You chose a weird hill to die on.

And he doesn't answer the bell. This myth needs to die. He has 5 fights in almost 60 games of play. Whoop de ****ing do. This deterrent nonsense is ridiculous.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Not really. The game has evolved so have the players.

Example:
Matt Martin
Tom Wilson
Many others i can't name off the top of my head.

Martin has 18 points this season, Wilson has 22. They can play. Thats why I liked Carcillo in his time here. He was a 4th line guy like that who could actually play.

Jun 25, 2013
Glass to "answer the bell" with his 6-8 minutes of ice time in the playoffs? There is a guy on this roster who can fill that role with regularity, his name is Dylan McIllrath.

You're making it sound like Glass is on the level of a Simmonds or Lucic.

Actually that does seem to be your point. You're comparing Glass to literally one of the worst players in the league. You chose a weird hill to die on.

And he doesn't answer the bell. This myth needs to die. He has 5 fights in almost 60 games of play. Whoop de ****ing do. This deterrent nonsense is ridiculous.

The objective is for a lesser player (Glass) to goat a better player (Anyone better than him) into taking a penalty or fighting him so the better player is off the ice.

I don't have to explain myself im just trying to help people understand why players like glass play over players like Lindberg.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
The objective is for a lesser player (Glass) to goat a better player (Anyone better than him) into taking a penalty or fighting him so the better player is off the ice.

I don't have to explain myself im just trying to help people understand why players like glass play over players like Lindberg.

That is not the reason Glass is playing. He's not playing to try to get other players drop the gloves. He's playing bc the Coach believes he is better than Oscar Lindberg

Jun 25, 2013
Those guys can actually play hockey on top of being tough/agitators/fighters/checkers.

So can Glass. But people just want to **** on him because they have already made up their mind on him.

I personally think he's above Scott but below the other players i mentioned. He's been better since he was recalled. I have no problem with him being on the fourth line.

But this is the GDT so I'll leave the glass talk for the Player Discussion thread.

*Bob Richards*

But that can't be your only function. The game has moved on from that. You actually need to know how to play with the puck and away from it which by the way escapes Glass.

In any case, I'd better make a Tanner Glass thread so this doesn't get clogged up. :laugh:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
history-1516-NYR-glassta83.png

Feel especially bad for Dom Moore, who gets saddled with this guy every game, and draws the ire of the coaching staff.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

During the season, maybe it's worth playing him, but in the playoffs, I agree with this completely.

*Bob Richards*

Code:
During the season, maybe it's worth playing him, but in the playoffs, I agree with this completely.

I don't disagree with that. Filling in for injuries or fatigue or even just to get the odd game in I'm okay with. He's played 120+ games with us the past two years though. That is simply too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad