Player Discussion Tanner Glass

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Blaming Glass for accepting a bad contract is silly, IMO. He's not at fault for any of this. It's the GMs responsibility to look after the team's cap situation, not his. It's the coach's responsibility to make sure the best lineup is being sent out, not his.

Agreed. I'm no fan of TG, but I think it's highly unlikely that anyone on these boards, if their boss offered them triple their worth, would say "No thanks, that's too much money" (Unless their boss was a relative or their best friend from childhood).

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
So now it's Glass' fault that some GM gave him a bad contract?

It doesnt ****ing matter. now you're just arguing semantics.

He sucks, there are players better than him that make half as much. There is no excuse to still be employing him.

"Material Difference" or whatever the hell that means doesn't even matter

Kaapo Cabana

Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Agreed. I'm no fan of TG, but I think it's highly unlikely that anyone on these boards, if their boss offered them triple their worth, would say "No thanks, that's too much money" (Unless their boss was a relative or their best friend from childhood).

I'm sure he is just swell.

Doesn't mean I want him on my hockey team

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

I don't care how much Glass makes. He signed a great contract for himself. He can collect every cent of it in Hartford.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
It doesnt ****ing matter. now you're just arguing semantics.

He sucks, there are players better than him that make half as much. There is no excuse to still be employing him.

It's not semantics. "I hate Glass because he's overpaid." "I hate Glass because of how AV." Neither of those things have anything to do with Glass.

"Material Difference" or whatever the hell that means doesn't even matter

If you don't understand what it means, how can you be so sure that it doesn't matter...?

Kaapo Cabana

Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
It's not semantics. "I have Glass because he's overpaid." "I have Glass because of how AV." Neither of those things have anything to do with Glass...

If you don't understand what it means, how can you be so sure that it doesn't matter...?

It doesn't mean anything. Its a made up phrase. A term people who can't find any real evidence to support their points use because it can't be challenged. Its a cop out.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm pretty sure, that most of the adv. stats have been already posted here. The eye-test certainly quantifies it too. I don't understand your shtick. After pages of disapproval, one might think you'd give in ...
Give in to what? Your belief that Glass was a bigger detriment to the team than Nash's invisibility or the Girardi's poor play? Sorry, that is not something to give in to. I find the notion laughable. Of all of the things that are wrong with this team, the least of my concern is the 12th forward.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah let me just cure cancer and figure out free energy while we're at it.
Hurry up
No matter how much data would be presented about the negative impact of Tanner Glass and the positive impact of Nash regardless of goals scored or not scored, you would still find a way to disagree with some convoluted viewpoint.
Because my viewpoint the poor play of Rick Nash damages the team much more than the poor plan of Tanner Glass.
Material impact tho.
Material impact. Tell me, substitute Lindberg as the 12th forward for Glass and how many more games do the Rangers win?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It doesn't mean anything. Its a made up phrase. A term people who can't find any real evidence to support their points use because it can't be challenged. Its a cop out.
Not really. I will again ask the question. How many more wins do the Rangers have if the 12th forward is Etem? Or Lindberg? Take a guess. If you cannot come up with an answer or refuse to answer it because the likely response is "zero", then the "cop out" is all yours.
I have yet to see any evidence to claim that Tanner Glass doesn't suck.

Please enlighten me
I have yet to see any evidence that he was the biggest detriment to the team's success. Please enlighten me.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
When real actual evidence supports that claim (which it does), then yes it is.

I have yet to see any evidence to claim that Tanner Glass doesn't suck.

Please enlighten me

Well, seeing how claiming that someone "sucks" is subjective, there's really no evidence to prove or disprove an opinion.

"Glass sucks" has been the prevailing opinion of the board. And that's fine. But to blame him for the contract he signed or to kill him for the way the coach uses him is asinine.

Kaapo Cabana

Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Not really. I will again ask the question. How many more wins do the Rangers have if the 12th forward is Etem? Or Lindberg? Take a guess. If you cannot come up with an answer or refuse to answer it because the likely response is "zero", then the "cop out" is all yours.

I have yet to see any evidence that he was the biggest detriment to the team's success. Please enlighten me.

To your first point, you would need a time machine, and a guarantee of who would be playing in Tanners space to answer such a question, thus it is impossible to challenge. If you think its a cop-out response that I cannot answer an impossible question, then you are totally lost. Sorry I'm not a wizard.

I do personally believe that we lost games because Tanner Glass was in the lineup.

To your second point, I never claimed that he was the biggest detriment to our team. But why does he have to the biggest detriment to our team for us to recognize that his presence is a problem? Especially when that problem can be dealt with relatively easily.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This is the worst thread in the history of this board. Kill it with fire. Tanner won't be on the roster this season.

Everyone can relax.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This is the worst thread in the history of this board. Kill it with fire. Tanner won't be on the roster this season.

Everyone can relax.

I hope you are correct about that, but how can you be so sure? Just curious. I think a few in here said that last year as well. :(

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I hope you are correct about that, but how can you be so sure? Just curious. I think a few in here said that last year as well. :(

Judging by the moves they made, it's extremely difficult to see how he fits in with the additions. He will most likely be buried in the AHL. He will be given a shot in camp, but highly unlikely he will have a place.

Last year was different, this year not so much.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Judging by the moves they made, it's extremely difficult to see how he fits in with the additions. He will most likely be buried in the AHL. He will be given a shot in camp, but highly unlikely he will have a place.

Last year was different, this year not so much.

This is exactly what I thought last season, too.

And he was sent to the AHL. Then he came back, for some reason, and he stayed.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I do personally believe that we lost games because Tanner Glass was in the lineup.
Ok. Fairly stated. We will have to agree to disagree. I do not believe that having Glass in the lineup cost them games. Did he meaningfully contribute to victories? We all know the answer is no. But very few people from such a position would (which is why Martin is now getting paid $2.5 per). Substitute Etem, Lindberg, whomever, would not have resulted in any more games won/
To your second point, I never claimed that he was the biggest detriment to our team. But why does he have to the biggest detriment to our team for us to recognize that his presence is a problem? Especially when that problem can be dealt with relatively easily.
You did not. Others have. I did not mean to single you out as such. I do not believe that his presence was a big problem. Yes, one could have easily substituted Lindberg. But again I ask, is that the best place to develop him? I do not believe so. The difference between having him and Glass play the 12th forward would have been negligible, IMO.

In short, I think that there are bigger issues to focus on. Whether Glass is in the same spot next year, will not matter as to where the Rangers finish in the standings.

Kaapo Cabana

Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
You did not. Others have. I did not mean to single you out as such. I do not believe that his presence was a big problem. Yes, one could have easily substituted Lindberg. But again I ask, is that the best place to develop him? I do not believe so. The difference between having him and Glass play the 12th forward would have been negligible, IMO.

In short, I think that there are bigger issues to focus on. Whether Glass is in the same spot next year, will not matter as to where the Rangers finish in the standings.

to the bolded, thats at least one thing we can agree on.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
This is exactly what I thought last season, too.

And he was sent to the AHL. Then he came back, for some reason, and he stayed.

I would not be sure Glass goes anywhere.

Even if they sign all their forward RFAs, they still will only have 12 forwards signed who would not be rookies or have more than handful of NHL games to their career.

Stepan, Brassard, Hayes, Nash, Miller, Kreider, Zucc, Fast, Lindberg, Grabner, Gerbe, Glass

The guys who may make the team beyond them? Buch, Hrivik if he is signed, maybe Jensen

So if they are going to carry 13 forwards, and AV is the coach, out of those guys, who are the 13 forwards?

Plus they have some more contract spots to fill, but all the same, I assume those spots would be filled with players that will push Jensen, Hrivik, etc farther away from a spot, not Glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad