GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Lol. How could anyone have possibly foreseen this extremely foreseeable outcome?

If only I was a "real" fan, maybe then I would have had hope the Kings would win.

No....if you were a REAL fan...you wouldn't actively cheer for your team to lose....but f*** it right? No seriously, you knew it was coming, shit everyone knew it was coming....right? Just like everyone KNEW Winnipeg would have a great successful year....yet....shit, they landed in the same boat....as did Tampa, etc...

See, that's the problem, "people" like you are so desperate to be right, so desperate to have other people like what they say and think that you know what you are talking about, that you are going to jump on every bandwagon that sounds feasible, and when you spread yourself so goddamn thin people can see through you, whichever one hits, you are going to say you knew it all long, when in reality, you have no f***ing idea, neither does anyone here, everyone is playing the odds.....

Reactions: shadow1 and br3ds0x

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I know you guys dont want to hear from Oiler fans or see oiler avatars but let me finish

You guys have no skill. You have a lot of hard working players though that never quit. Kind of reminds me of the late 90s early 2000s Oiler teams no skill but lots of hardworking players.

It seems like your team is better playing aggressive but sits back for some reason.Hopefully a new management team and coaching staff make the switch.

I had fun with the series, i hope you guys found some stuff to be happy with and good luck in the future.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I know you guys dont want to hear from Oiler fans or see oiler avatars but let me finish

You guys have no skill. You have a lot of hard working players though that never quit. Kind of reminds me of the late 90s early 2000s Oiler teams no skill but lots of hardworking players.

It seems like your team is better playing aggressive but sits back for some reason.Hopefully a new management team and coaching staff make the switch.

I had fun with the series, i hope you guys found some stuff to be happy with and good luck in the future.
There is some skill but it is shackled by philosophy. Which you touched on.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Yeah that’s why it’s hard to get too mad at the calls, it only would have served to make the Kings’ loss more embarrassing.

Oiler fans and the moar goals crowd got all pissy when McDavid didn’t draw a single PP in the sweep to the Jets in 2021 and NHL has been calling games tighter ever since.

Also “stay out of the box” is not and never will be a real strategy with how unpredictable officiating is. You’re almost never gonna take zero penalties in a game, Kings came close in Game 4 but didn’t and look how that turned out. Yet that didn’t stop our brain trust from making that the official policy instead of figuring out a way to kill more than 50% of PP’s at any time in the past 3 years.
What are you talking about? The issue was clearly addressed by Trevor Lewis.

Oh thanks bud! Glad you had fun!

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

Yeah, that is something that's been a point of contention for most of this year and even as far back as 3 years ago in some cases. Blake and Luc (especially Luc) talk about an high speed offensive attack and players using their skill, but then the on ice plan is to sit back and play defense first hockey.

We thought the coaching change from Todd to Hiller might help, but no such luck.

Good luck on the the rest of playoffs!

Reactions: Oilslick941611

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Dubois has 4 shots in 5 games? Yikes. 0 in game 3. 0 in game 4. 0 in game 5.
1000004199.gif

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
No....if you were a REAL fan...you wouldn't actively cheer for your team to lose....but f*** it right? No seriously, you knew it was coming, shit everyone knew it was coming....right? Just like everyone KNEW Winnipeg would have a great successful year....yet....shit, they landed in the same boat....as did Tampa, etc...

See, that's the problem, "people" like you are so desperate to be right, so desperate to have other people like what they say and think that you know what you are talking about, that you are going to jump on every bandwagon that sounds feasible, and when you spread yourself so goddamn thin people can see through you, whichever one hits, you are going to say you knew it all long, when in reality, you have no f***ing idea, neither does anyone here, everyone is playing the odds.....

come on now, it's just one game

things will pick up

Reactions: The Butcher

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

and you're one McDavid injury away from a lotto pick

enjoy the gloat, but moving forward no more mercy on your shit fanbase, and to think i felt sorry for the Oilers during the MacTavish/Lowe era

can't wait for when it's your turn again

Reactions: The Butcher

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I don't have you on ignore, but I do ignore you. I thought I would give this post of yours a read because the season ended last night.

First, many of us were right about the construction of this team, its current direction, and the piss poor management by BLuc. This isn't a bandwagon that started recently. Some posters here had seen this movie before and we knew the whole plot and the ending. Those people are far wiser and know much more than you.

Second, you comparing the Kings to Winnipeg and Tampa Bay is so ludicrous there is no need to expound further on how lacking and misguided you are in terms of hockey intellect.

See, the problem with people like you is that you are a fanboy on every level without the ability to separate wishing the players well and hoping they perform above expectations from being able to objectively evaluate the BS decisions of the organization's management team.

As far as having a f'ing idea. I was right in 2011-12 when many were calling for Lombardi's head and I was preaching patience, and I have been right about how this current era of the Kings would turn out ever since it started. The Kings were never going to win a damn thing by holding on to the past with players like Kopitar and Doughty, and I blame Robitaille and Blake for the current state of the franchise.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I don't have you on ignore, but I do ignore you. I thought I would give this post of yours a read because the season ended last night.

First, many of us were right about the construction of this team, its current direction, and the piss poor management by BLuc. This isn't a bandwagon that started recently. Some posters here had seen this movie before and we knew the whole plot and the ending. Those people are far wiser and know much more than you.

Second, you comparing the Kings to Winnipeg and Tampa Bay is so ludicrous there is no need to expound further on how lacking and misguided you are in terms of hockey intellect.

See, the problem with people like you is that you are a fanboy on every level without the ability to separate wishing the players well and hoping they perform above expectations from being able to objectively evaluate the BS decisions of the organization's management team.

As far as having a f'ing idea. I was right in 2011-12 when many were calling for Lombardi's head and I was preaching patience, and I have been right about how this current era of the Kings would turn out ever since it started. The Kings were never going to win a damn thing by holding on to the past with players like Kopitar and Doughty, and I blame Robitaille and Blake for the current state of the franchise.

I had actually started a response where I was going to mention you, Herby, and a few others, that had been on the Kings are garbage path since 2015 or whatever was, then I deemed that as a whats the point....and deleted it, but since you so graciously pointed out you have been on the same bandwagon.....

Now keep in mind, when success is a 1/32 shot, and only 5-6 teams are contenders year in and year out, it's REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY easy to be negative and say the team sucks...AND be right about it,

As far as Winnipeg, Tampa, point was, they are both out in Round 1 as well, and Tampa is much more like LA then you think, let's see what they do with Stamkos, should be interesting, because in your camp, they should have gotten rid of him the year after winning the cup, they did not, let's see what happens, at the very least, they were smarter than LA and didn't offer him a 2 year extension way before they had to, but they didn't trade him at the deadline either,

You keep pounding the LA should have traded Kopitar Doughty bandwagon, yet you still can NEVER show ANY team that has done that, with their marquee players, absence the players wanting out, or financial issues etc. That's not a Robitaille Blake thing, that's a professional sports thing.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Draisaitl had more goals than Dubleh had shots. They make the same amount of money.
Yeah and that's the problem. $8.5m should be for the elite guys. Not someone who tops out at 60 points and has known effort issues. If they were paying him $5m, fine, maybe can live with him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Oh, please tell me someone isn't saying something to the effect of "hindsight is 20-20", I'm not sure my lungs can support that hearty of a laugh
No, the opposite. Along the lines of "you care more about jumping on bandwagons and looking right than loving the team."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: