Player Discussion Tanner Glass...a BIG reason we're better...right? (Mod: not a bashing thread)

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
You know AV is sitting at home thinking "It's such a shame Tanner regressed so much compared to last year, would have been great if he could be part of this group's success." Chew chew.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
TG is 3rd on the Pack in points. That when coupled with a Cubs win signals the end of civilization.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Dom Moore has been good. Wish him nothing but the best... except when he plays the Rangers. ;)

Tanner Glass is a great guy, just not good enough of a hockey player to be at the NHL level. AV finally realized this or management finally came down on him and said you can't have glass in the lineup. Honestly, Marek Hrivik should be on the big team. Love what he gave to the 4th line last season.

Now, this team has several options that they can run out there over Glass. Which is great. Jooris when his shoulder heals is one of them. Hrivik. The 3 current players. I'm sure there are others in Hartford who will earn a chance by the end of the season.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Dom Moore was bad last year. Could have been injuries, personal, empty tank, who knows. He looks much better this year, which is great for him. The Rangers still made the right move letting him go. The new fourth line is fantastic.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Dom Moore was bad last year. Could have been injuries, personal, empty tank, who knows. He looks much better this year, which is great for him. The Rangers still made the right move letting him go. The new fourth line is fantastic.

Sometimes getting shown the door invigorates someone. I am thankful we didn't bring him back because of how bad he was last year. It could be that his tank was just topped off a bit and he'll be back to last year's play again soon. It could be that getting let go was the kick in the ass he needed.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Sometimes getting shown the door invigorates someone. I am thankful we didn't bring him back because of how bad he was last year. It could be that his tank was just topped off a bit and he'll be back to last year's play again soon. It could be that getting let go was the kick in the ass he needed.

I'm not too concerned either way, to be honest.

I wish him well, but I feel like he's one of those products where you know what you're going to get and that's it. I feel like there will be some games where you'll miss him but not a lot.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I can't help but feel like Dominic Moore wasn't that bad, but looked it because of the crap he had to deal with on the 4th line. He was never talented enough to carry a line, but wouldn't look out of place playing with skilled players. Personally I'm glad he is doing well, and I wish him nothing but the best.

That being said, I do believe it was the right move letting him go. we already have enough forwards as it is, and to be quite frank he would be redundant on this roster.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I can't help but feel like Dominic Moore wasn't that bad, but looked it because of the crap he had to deal with on the 4th line.
I don't think he was good, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a player who's played that many minutes with three turds as turdy as Glass, Paille and Stoll. Couldn't be easy.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He looked re-energized when we played them.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He looked re-energized when we played them.

he got re-married last year and most likely had a lot going on. Things are probably less hectic in his personal life. Plus living up in Boston is definitely calmer than NYC.

Damn I gotta get up there again

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
What 4th line center would look good with Glass as your winger? Then add another another winger not belonging in the NHL? That's an impossible work enviroment.

If we would've kept Moore I'm pretty sure he would look great today. But, as the 4th line is playing so well anyway, it's fine.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Dudes collecting a million in the minors . Hope he's saving his cash cause he's never getting more than a 2 way deal moving forward

Rangers have other call up options plus jooris is a 14th F so confident he's not coming up again

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
You know AV is sitting at home thinking "It's such a shame Tanner regressed so much compared to last year, would have been great if he could be part of this group's success." Chew chew.

Actually I'm pretty sure he's strategizing a way to "convince Gorts that now's the time to call up Tanner so the young man can inject a much needed shot of toughness and character to our team".

DON'T DO IT GORTS DON'T F**'G DO IT!!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He played better than I expected. If AV limits his shifts and keeos him off the PK I will not mind trying him again next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad