GDT: TankTown Express vs The Tuna-Round TunaBoat in Vancouver

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
RoR was completely invisible tonight. No points, no SoG, no Hits, No takeaways or giveaways, no PIMS, no blocked shots. Only thing he did was win faveoffs. He played almost 17 minutes and did barely anything

Reactions: Blueston

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
RoR was completely invisible tonight. No points, no SoG, no Hits, No takeaways or giveaways, no PIMS, no blocked shots. Only thing he did was win faveoffs. He played almost 17 minutes and did barely anything
I thought he played great in Calgary.

Maybe he had an off game in Vancouver

ChicagoIsBedarded

Aug 22, 2022
25 really isn’t gonna let us tank huh?
When both of your $64 million players are trying to rediscover their identities on the ice, it can look awfully similar to a tank.

We're finally not relying on 72, 52, and 20 to win games for us. I'm not surprised that it's lead to 4 in a row. If Schenn and Buchy can start putting games together as well.... look out.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kyrou and Thomas are a better duo than Tarasenko and Schwartz. Fight me about it.
No doubt. Thomas gives you the center that Tarasenko and Schwartz couldn't. Schwartz couldn't quite replicate that 17/18 season, so while he's the best 2-way player of the bunch, all the others already surpassed his offensive ceiling.

The big thing long-term will be Kyrou's consistency vs Tarasenko's. Producing 35ish+ goals and 70+ points consistently, and not being a complete defensive liability.

And then the bigger question, how much more help would Thomas and Kyrou need in the forward group to be a contending team compared to what Tarasenko and Schwartz needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladys Gumption

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Waiting on multiple mea culpas from people who insisted Kyrou-ROR was a good idea and Kyrou would eventually become Datsyuk.
You’re going to be waiting a long time cause I can’t recall a single person who posted that. Name names, if you have them.

ValHaller

May 23, 2022
St. Louis, MO
You’re going to be waiting a long time cause I can’t recall a single person who posted that. Name names, if you have them.
The Datsyuk part is hyperbole, but I know Brian and P9s both kept on and on about it. Some said if Kyrou spent enough time on ROR's line he'd magically absorb Selke skills by osmosis.

Sorry to pick on you, BB: GDT: - Blues @ Kraken| Somehow Only the 2nd Game| 9pm, TNT

I have literally never heard of a one-dimensional offense minded forward becoming better defensively just because they play on a line with defensively responsible guys. If anything, being on a line with someone who can control the opponent's offense just frees an irresponsible winger up to cherrypick more.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou and Thomas are a better duo than Tarasenko and Schwartz. Fight me about it.
thats cause schwartz turned into a pumpkin ever since he returned from his injury during the first season we had schenn when he was playing at a legit superstar level. Outside of a awesome cup run playoff, he never really performed in that same manner again. he was also hurt 50% of the time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad