GDT: TankTown Express vs The Tuna-Round TunaBoat in Vancouver

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
cq5dam.web.2125.1195.jpeg

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Since Long Island we have caught glimpses of a Tuna Boat off the side of the train. And now it appears to be waiving a Blues flag that seems to say "Blues 2022-23 Stanley Cup Champions" on it and Ex-Junior Conductor Jordan Kyrou is also on Board.

How a Tuna Boat is keeping up with the TankTown Express can only be described as magic. But it seems to be here for a battle.

Forwards

Saad - O'Reilly - Leivo
Buchnevich - Schenn - Tarasenko
Barbashev - Thomas - Kyrou
Toropchenko - Acciari - Walker

Defense

Leddy - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Goalie

Binnington

Thank you @GoldenSeal for the idea.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I don't get the whole tuna boat thing. I understand it somehow stands for having faith in the team and it's the opposite of the "tank train:. But why a boat? And why specifically a tuna boat? It's just weird.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't get the whole tuna boat thing. I understand it somehow stands for having faith in the team and it's the opposite of the "tank train:. But why a boat? And why specifically a tuna boat? It's just weird.
Idk, GoldenSeal stated taking about a Tuna Boat. So i just added it to have fun. The GDTs have mainly just been to try to have people have a little bit of fun.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I don't get the Chicken of the Sea reference?

Anyhow, it's game one of a back-to-back. We might get some tuna boat and we might get some tank.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

"Sometimes you have to bow to the absurd" - Captain Picard

It's all about having faith in the absurd.

The Blues are an absurd team. They defy logic and are something that magic wishes it could be. It's a franchise that has had HOF legends lace up for the Note but never take it all, a franchise where Pat Maroon scored a DOT goal and became more than just a legend, a place where ROR came and went from Buffalo pariah to Conn Smythe Cup Winner.

When used, Logic FAILS here. So does things like Reason and Math. Especially the math on a stats sheet.

This team works best with the absurd. Gloria is absurd but that became the battle cry that led to a Cup. It had a moment and a magic that is unexplainable, but it carried and lived with the team in a way nothing before had. Things like that we consider absurd or silly, but those are the things, the only real things outside of the obvious ones, that give life its very magic and remind us how special we truly are as humans.

Why a tuna boat? Well, why not? If you try to explain it, it loses all the magic it has. Same with when this team wins.

Don't try to understand or analyze it. Live in the moment. Ignore logic and enjoy being a Cup Ring-Wearing Blues fan. These are the best of days even if we can't see it, but please live it. It's what we got and this time may never come again.

Enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fez Whatley

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
"Sometimes you have to bow to the absurd" - Captain Picard

It's all about having faith in the absurd.

The Blues are an absurd team. They defy logic and are something that magic wishes it could be. It's a franchise that has had HOF legends lace up for the Note but never take it all, a franchise where Pat Maroon scored a DOT goal and became more than just a legend, a place where ROR came and went from Buffalo pariah to Conn Smythe Cup Winner.

When used, Logic FAILS here. So does things like Reason and Math. Especially the math on a stats sheet.

This team works best with the absurd. Gloria is absurd but that became the battle cry that led to a Cup. It had a moment and a magic that is unexplainable, but it carried and lived with the team in a way nothing before had. Things like that we consider absurd or silly, but those are the things, the only real things outside of the obvious ones, that give life its very magic and remind us how special we truly are as humans.

Why a tuna boat? Well, why not? If you try to explain it, it loses all the magic it has. Same with when this team wins.

Don't try to understand or analyze it. Live in the moment. Ignore logic and enjoy being a Cup Ring-Wearing Blues fan. These are the best of days even if we can't see it, but please live it. It's what we got and this time may never come again.

Enjoy it.

I honestly don't know if you think you are being funny or profound or both. I am even more confused by why you think YOU can create "magic" for the Blues than I was by why you chose tunaboat for your rallying cry. Enjoy your "magic" and absurdity. I'll enjoy hockey the way I enjoy hockey, which is decidedly free of any delusion that I effect the outcome of the games at all. I very much enjoy logic and analysis of stats. I will not be joining you on your magic school bus or whatever.

• Love
Reactions: GoldenSeal

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
I honestly don't know if you think you are being funny or profound or both. I am even more confused by why you think YOU can create "magic" for the Blues than I was by why you chose tunaboat for your rallying cry. Enjoy your "magic" and absurdity. I'll enjoy hockey the way I enjoy hockey, which is decidedly free of any delusion that I effect the outcome of the games at all. I very much enjoy logic and analysis of stats. I will not be joining you on your magic school bus or whatever.
What about all the sacrifices to the hockey gods?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
View attachment 623992

Long live the Tank Town Express, down with tuna boats.
A strange tuna boat rows by, it's rower holding a harpoon in one hand, actively looking for Orcas with the JT Miller face. The rower sees this post and whispers, "And yet it smells fishy down there..."

The winds pick up and the Dreaded Blue Note Flag begins to violently wave.
I honestly don't know if you think you are being funny or profound or both. I am even more confused by why you think YOU can create "magic" for the Blues than I was by why you chose tunaboat for your rallying cry. Enjoy your "magic" and absurdity. I'll enjoy hockey the way I enjoy hockey, which is decidedly free of any delusion that I affect the outcome of the games at all. I very much enjoy logic and analysis of stats. I will not be joining you on your magic school bus or whatever.
That type of thinking is absurd to me… I LOVE IT!!

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
A strange tuna boat rows by, it's rower holding a harpoon in one hand, actively looking for Orcas with the JT Miller face. The rower sees this post and whispers, "And yet it smells fishy down there..."

The winds pick up and the Dreaded Blue Note Flag begins to violently wave.

That type of thinking is absurd to me… I LOVE IT!!

Krug defending a 3 on 1 tonight.

dc3695f179f7567a87d2c78d0ddfb584.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Celtic Note

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad