GDT: TankTown Express: Like a Country Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Kyrou is IMO a clubhouse cancer who only cares about offense, playing Fortnite and making money, not winning. The fact that he was rewarded with a 8 year deal with absurd money for a one dimensional player and a one trick pony has set a terrible standard and created locker room issues. This has already been reported on earlier this season. He should have been packaged into a deal for MT last summer, think the team would be heartless/unlikeable with MT on the team every night?

You will NEVER see any meaningful winning on a team with a player such as Kyrou taking up so much of your cap. He is a support player, not a franchise player you build around. Yet he is now going to be paid like one for the next 8 years. It makes it worse when people like Krug, Schenn and Thomas are also underperforming this year.

People love having hot takes because they get emotional about sports. There’s obviously things Army wants to improve but there’s zero chance Army shares your opinion.

He would probably trade Krug if he could but there’s probably a very high possibility no team wants him without the Blues paying 1st round picks. That’s simply not happening.

The franchise is in a retooling phase and they’re not spending futures to get rid of cap space.

I could see Parayko traded in the offseason but we’ll see.

The claims you make about Kyrou are ridiculous. It’s true he has room to grow and improve his overall game but some of your statements are just silly lol

Let’s just enjoy watching the Blues tanking the rest of the season (hopefully) and get to the draft

Reactions: Robb_K and Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
People love having hot takes because they get emotional about sports. There’s obviously things Army wants to improve but there’s zero chance Army shares your opinion.

He would probably trade Krug if he could but there’s probably a very high possibility no team wants him without the Blues paying 1st round picks. That’s simply not happening.

The franchise is in a retooling phase and they’re not spending futures to get rid of cap space.

The claims you make about Kyrou are ridiculous. It’s true he has room to grow and improve his overall game but some of your statements are just silly lol

Let’s just enjoy watching the Blues tanking the rest of the season (hopefully) and get to the draft
Kyrou is actually my favorite Blue on the team

APRIL FOOLS

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not saying we're good. But, what I am saying is you add players the caliber of Thomas and Buchnevich onto the team we are better than we are playing today.
True, but Preds are missing Josi and Forsberg and Johansson and Duchene so they are much better than they are playing today too. And they are kicking our @SS!

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Krug has to go this offseason and if this is the new normal for Parayko, we are in deep shit.
krug is fine as 3rd pairing and pp guy. overpaid, but not a bad player. i sure as heck don't want to pay to ship him off. glad to give him away or take back shorter term $ but if we can't give him away we can afford to shelter him next year.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

These are all smart takes, but I still blame you for our team sucking. I thought we would be good and you realized we weren't. You saw something early and wanted to sell off UFAs and then team sank like a rock, so I can only assume this is all your fault.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Kyrou is IMO a clubhouse cancer who only cares about offense, playing Fortnite and making money, not winning. The fact that he was rewarded with a 8 year deal with absurd money for a one dimensional player and a one trick pony has set a terrible standard and created locker room issues. This has already been reported on earlier this season. He should have been packaged into a deal for MT last summer, think the team would be heartless/unlikeable with MT on the team every night?

You will NEVER see any meaningful winning on a team with a player such as Kyrou taking up so much of your cap. He is a support player, not a franchise player you build around. Yet he is now going to be paid like one for the next 8 years. It makes it worse when people like Krug, Schenn and Thomas are also underperforming this year.

Kyrou is a complementary piece, not the main piece. You can win with his 35-40g per season, as long as you have the pieces around him. Tarasenko was the same way.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou is a complementary piece, not the main piece. You can win with his 35-40g per season, as long as you have the pieces around him. Tarasenko was the same way.
He is MUCH worse defensively than 91 was. He needs to be scoring 50g every season to justify his shitty defensive play. He is worse than Brad Boyes or Chris Stewart ever were and they are the worst defensive players on big contracts in Blues history.

The recent scoring emergence of Vrana makes Kyrou 100% expendable if you can dump that contract and get assets back as well. I hope Armstrong seriously looks into moving him this offseason before that contract becomes a anchor. I want him gone more than Krug personally.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Unfortunately that contract precludes you from adding the type of pieces a team like that would need to win.

Kyrou will probably be worth the contract when you factor in production compared to talent around the league but I have questions about whether that's the type of player/contract combo you can have on a winning team. To me it seems like the kind of deal you'd give a player on a bad team. Big money, not a true star.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Unfortunately that contract precludes you from adding the type of pieces a team like that would need to win.

Kyrou will probably be worth the contract when you factor in production compared to talent around the league but I have questions about whether that's the type of player/contract combo you can have on a winning team. To me it seems like the kind of deal you'd give a player on a bad team. Big money, not a true star.
He is the token player you would see in Buffalo for the past decade....he will be our Taylor Hall.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

You seem to be oddly obsessed with fortnite and video games in general. Would you rather Kyrou be a drunk? Out at bars shit faced, banging hookers and missing practice like anther superstar that was on the blues back in the 90's? If he was a drunk and a partier he may have been involved in that gang rape of the girl during the 2018 Canada thing. Maybe we should all be happy Thomas and Kyrou prefer video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad