GDT: TankTown Express: Like a Country Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I know there is still a week and a half left in the season, but is this a must-lose game? We seem to be picking up way too much ground lately on the team directly in front of us and directly behind us.
Yes! There seems to be a drop-off in the quality of the draft candidates, and their fit with The Blues needs around Round 1 choices #6-7-8, so getting choices 9-10-11, instead of 6-8 could be worse for The Blues' future.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I won't mind a Blues' loss in this game. I'd rather see them finish with the 7th or 8th choice, than the 9th, 10th, or 11th, because there's a drop-off in talent, and fit for The Blues' needs around the # 6-8 draft candidates. So, I don't mind their slow start in this game, and the 2-goal deficit after The 1st Period. It also seems to me that The Blues haven't done well in early starting games over the past several years.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I won't mind a Blues' loss in this game. I'd rather see them finish with the 7th or 8th choice, than the 9th, 10th, or 11th, because there's a drop-off in talent, and fit for The Blues' needs around the # 6-8 candidates. So, I don't mind their slow start in this game, and the 2-goal deficit after The 1st Period. It also seems to me that The Blues haven't done well in early starting games over the past several years.
I just want a top 9. I don't see the drop off until pick 10 or 11 (based on teams outside of the top 4 reaching for the guys they like)

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I just want a top 9. I don't see the drop off until pick 10 or 11 (based on teams outside of the top 4 reaching for the guys they like)
In any case, The Blues need a few losses just to ensure a chance at the 9th pick. I hope the young players continue to play well, but the team loses several 1-goal games, they play Greiss more, and rest their veterans more, bringing up some more prospects for a look. THAT is the way to tank. You can't ask Pro players to "play poorly".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad