GDT: TankTown Express: Like a Country Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

"Part of the game, that's between us"

You're losing 4-0 emotions are going to get the better of you.

This one incident isn't such a big deal, but it does make me wonder about their relationship going forward. I have no doubt that Berube is hard on Kyrou as he obviously has a lot of room for improvement in his play without the puck. Will Kyrou buck up and become a better all around player like Tarasenko did with Hitch or will he tune Chief out and create an awkward situation? Maybe the embarrassment of "winning" the green jacket for the lowest +/- in the league will make him realize he can be better.

Reactions: Blueston

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
These are all smart takes, but I still blame you for our team sucking. I thought we would be good and you realized we weren't. You saw something early and wanted to sell off UFAs and then team sank like a rock, so I can only assume this is all your fault.

I really thought last year was the last hoorah. I forget how many players scored over 20 goals but it was a crazy amount. With how the roster is built they had to all contribute like that to have a shot. The odds of repeating that offense was not good.

I didn’t know the defense would collapse as much as it did. The blame is with the players but the coaching staff never adjusted. Most of us, me included, rightly felt Hitchcock played a boring system. I understand it to a degree depending on the roster. The roster going into this year could have benefited from a Hitchcock type system. They don’t have the superstars to play a wide open run and gun system. Yet they play a more open, unaggressive system now than even when they won the cup.

For all the public statements regarding how close and friendly the roster was, it didn’t show on the ice. I have seen Binnington get bumped a lot this year and the soft players in front of him all look around like deer in headlights. Other teams don’t have similar reactions.

If the team was going to regress, this was the perfect season to do so. I’ll take the blame for it

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Am I the only one who remembers it being reported earlier this year that the entire staff loves Kyrou's work ethic and that he genuinely works hard on anything they ask him to?
I don’t recall that, but I don’t read every report

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Am I the only one who remembers it being reported earlier this year that the entire staff loves Kyrou's work ethic and that he genuinely works hard on anything they ask him to?
I feel like it was out of town crew saying Berube told them how great Kyrou work ethic was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad